• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Rorie please confirm:
O9UnACO.jpg
I'll vouch :(

Maybe they draft Bakalar for the short term? Jeff sounded like he and the Beast crew were going to reconceptualize what they'll do to figure out what kind of manpower they need.

Guess Who

Banned
can't believe that after dan ate a pickle and shattered into 10^27 crystalline shards they were able to resurrect him by placing the dust in a vat of nacho cheese

it's like sleeping beauty but instead of kissing, jeff had to dip an oreo in dan's nacho cheese

there's probably a sex metaphor in there somewhere

SomberOwl

I can barely wait until this thread devolves into the whole "new GB hire phase"

Anyway does anyone know where Adam Boyes got that PlayStation shirt he was wearing on the GB night show?

jgminto

Glad to see Austin is leaving for something worthwhile that'll challenge him. He's a super smart dude and I was hoping he wouldn't end up as another writer for a Kotaku or Polygon.

Weetrick

Glad to see Austin is leaving for something worthwhile that'll challenge him. He's a super smart dude and I was hoping he wouldn't end up as another writer for a Kotaku or Polygon.

That, and Vice gaming isn't blocked at work like Giant Bomb, Polygon and Kotaku are!!!

Strax

Wasn't the last hiring process that but with it being announced on the Beastcast? That was as low key as you can get a process like that.

I mean more like maybe they've been interviewing people behind the scenes since the moment Austin told them he was leaving and a new hire will maybe come in at the end of july.

Myggen

I mean more like maybe they've been interviewing people behind the scenes since the moment Austin told them he was leaving and a new hire will maybe come in at the end of july.

Jeff made it seem like they hadn't started the process yet, no way of knowing when this happened and how close to all the E3 nonsense. It'll happen when it happens.

Zaph

That's optimistic. Hopefully Jeff kept a few resumes from the shortlist last round and one of those work out - would be really nice for gbe to hit the ground running once Austin leaves.

It'd be cool if they could get a producer and writer this round of hiring, but I doubt they have the budget for two people. I feel like four people (one of which is another producer) would really be the sweet spot for BEAST.

hamchan

Austin was too good at this freelancing article stuff, of course someone would hire him to run a whole gaming site.

As bittersweet as it is, this Vice stuff makes a lot of sense for Austin. It's clear that he deeply cares about giving good writers a financially stable outlet to do good writing. And there is now an opportunity for someone new/different to get a boost from working at Giant Bomb.

Tubobutts

Dave came back for the first Gbwest unplugged so surely that means Austin will come back and be the DM for GBEast unplugged right?

Right?

No_Style

Going through stream music withdrawal so I'm just putting on Day 3's archive just to listen to the royalty free instrumentals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom