• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally getting a chance to watch the Day 3 aftershow. The first segment was not nearly as awkward as I expected based on the way people were talking about it.

Egg0

Banned
Watching through last nights' show. Some hard swings during the Lang/JV/Boyes segment.

Lotta laughs, then Jeff got real, then JV got real, Lang teared up, I started to and I hadn't even seen Austins' announcement yet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
2797275-8750426659-oBBoB.gif

'Lemme check the chat I believe' between every turn

Great thread title considering... It really sucks we are losin austin on giant bomb but i know whatever he helps create at vice will be amazing. On the other hand, i have complete faith in jeff to hire someone who might not be an austin doppelganger l, but will be insightful and entertaining in their own way

Myggen

Great thread title considering... It really sucks we are losin austin on giant bomb but i know whatever he helps create at vice will be amazing. On the other hand, i have complete faith in jeff to hire someone who might not be an austin doppelganger l, but will be insightful and entertaining in their own way

Exactly how I feel. Vinny and Jeff will figure this shit out.

In the meantime I hope for another Game Tapes soon. Last one was amazing. Might need to rewatch that one.

Let the new hire speculation begin.

Hopefully the new kid stays around longer then the hiring process this time.

The vice gig seems super up Austin's alley though. Happy for him. Will follow him and see what he does.

Patrick klepek will be the new hire. Calling it now

I would be inclined to agree if the dude didn't just buy a house in Chicago and Jeff said he want's someone else in New York. The one man Chicago show didn't really work out the first time so I don't see them trying it again.

And Jeff Green lives on the opposite side of the country, so one can dream.

kvk1

i'm the new hire

and i'm gonna make sure anyone who is a regular of this OT gets their premium accounts terminated

you're all a bunch of rabble-rousing no-good malingerers

Tubobutts

Didn't Jeff Green commute from San Fransico to Seattle at some point? That's pretty much the same as San Fransico to New York.
i'm the new hire

and i'm gonna make sure anyone who is a regular of this OT gets their premium accounts terminated

you're all a bunch of rabble-rousing no-good malingerers
Ok, but do you like Warhammer and other tabletop games?

Tubobutts

You mean a JeffJeffJeffJeffcast?
That would be if Jeff, Jeff, and Jeff had a podcast that was only about Jeffs.
There is no way they hire another straight, white dude. That'd be a big misstep and they no it.
Well Jeff Green is Jewish and if you don't count Bakalar since he works for CNet, the closest thing to a Jewish member they've had has been people calling Kessler and Patrick antisemitic slurs despite neither of them being Jewish and one time someone on the forums asked if Jeff was a Jew cause he was "good with money"

Lijik

Hashtag Hire Dianelle

Shes already Editor in Chief on zam.com. I could see a world where this happened if Austin was leaving a few months ago though.

Thats the problem with a lot of the favorites for GB hires, they're already in cushy positions.

Megasoum

Banned
Shes already Editor in Chief on zam.com. I could see a world where this happened if Austin was leaving a few months ago though.

Thats the problem with a lot of the favorites for GB hires, they're already in cushy positions.

Wtf is Zam.com?

I learned about three new sites today... Zam, Vice and Glixel... Never heard of neither of them before... The fuck is happening. Nobody told them that youtube is killing all the websites?

Myggen

No one predicted Austin before he was hired, I even got the title of the OT changed because of my denial. So it`s more than likely that it won`t be any of the 10 names that people in this thread bring up all the time.

But seriously, this thread is gonna be fucking unbearable if people are gonna have the same discussion about the same 10 names for however many months it takes until there`s a new hire.

She's only the reviews editor. Giant Bomb seems like the kind of place you'd leave somewhere for. But who knows.

Chuck

Still without luck
Finally played Doom on PC on super low cuz my PC is old af. Just the demo.

This is the only way to play Doom

I need a new comp. :<

tchocky

The way Jeff was talking at the end of the stream about how they would have to discuss what they want to do next with GBeast it sounds like a new hire is a long way off. I wonder if what he wants to discuss is if one of the West guys is willing to move to NY.

Tubobutts

The way Jeff was talking at the end of the stream about how they would have to discuss what they want to do next with GBeast it sounds like a new hire is a long way off. I wonder if what he wants to discuss is if one of the West guys is willing to move to NY.
Maybe Brad will finally leave after all. To go to New York.

Myggen

wut

We fanfic now.

Megasoum

Banned
Why the fuck is every sites quoting the Phil Spencer interview saying "Microsoft PC Games are coming to Steam!"... No they aren't... He never said that...

All he said is that Microsoft is still releasing games to Steam (for example Ori and Age of Empire) but he never said anything about big first party Xbox One games ever coming to Steam...

Microsoft has way too much riding on the shitty UWP program to drop it this quickly.

Considering the way West seems to far apart when they are down a man, I really hope this isn't the case.

Myggen

More than likely Jeff was referring to discussing what kind of hire they need, but sure, he was probably referring to one of them moving to NY, lol.

Considering the way West seems to far apart when they are down a man, I really hope this isn't the case.

I think you can safely say that it isn`t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom