• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a really concerned way of starting a sentence with "Buddy...", that's what I had in mind. :)

Yeah now that I think about it he does do that, especially when he's doing a bit.

But "Vinny!" will always be what I remember Austin from. It's his contribution to mankind.

Jintor

man it's not even like i'm going to be listening to less austin. friends at the table is still on and i bet he'll probably do a podcast at his new place eventually.

but man. that beastcast chemistry. fuck. it was perfect.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
man it's not even like i'm going to be listening to less austin. friends at the table is still on and i bet he'll probably do a podcast at his new place eventually.

but man. that beastcast chemistry. fuck. it was perfect.

He'll still be on there. I'm going to bet he's going to be on fairly often after he's settled into his new gig.

Dunk it dunk it dunk it Space Jam!

I love that this is still the top suggestion for Austin on Youtube.

pInolH2.png

Bacon

He'll still be on there. I'm going to bet he's going to be on fairly often after he's settled into his new gig.

I kind of doubt it. The people that leave gb always say they're going to come back as much as possible but it never really works out understandably. Of course we will have to wait and see but Austin is going to have a lot on his plate.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Patrick is in another state entirely, and most others aren't even in the games journo business so they can't hold constant conversations about it. If austin has time to do other podcasts like he seems to do I bet he'll have time for the beastcast.

Jabronium

This week's Beastcast is going to be weird without Big Texture.

After finally catching the season 2 post-mortem I'm a bit less pumped about s3 of FatT, but I'll still give it a shot.

Tubobutts

I've started to listen to Friends at the Table again now that I have a better idea of how Dungeon World works and also cause there will be no more Austin forever probably, but mostly it just makes me want to play a tabletop game.

After finally catching the season 2 post-mortem I'm a bit less pumped about s3 of FatT, but I'll still give it a shot.

Any reason? I'm still around ep 35 of season 2 so wont get to the post for a lil while. Something they said about the format or is it just 'cause they are going back to hieron?

Houndi101

so is Dan trying out for GB East position?

Also Brad I appreciate you but boooyyy "I can't talk about this game, I don't want to spoil anything, people are gonna take these as spoilers" Jeff: "Don't say them" Brad "Oh my god I have to say them *says them* You guys want me to say more? "

Ashby

Dan going to Giant Bomb East would just make the number of editors each office has lopsided in the opposite direction.

ultron87

I've started to listen to Friends at the Table again now that I have a better idea of how Dungeon World works and also cause there will be no more Austin forever probably, but mostly it just makes me want to play a tabletop game.

Yeah, I've been loving it. I've been marathoning the second season, COUNTER/Weight, over the last week. After they switched to The Sprawl (which is the same base system as Dungeon World) and the plot picked up it has been awesome. Only have 9 episodes left. Noooo.

I started with Dungeon World but the initial audio quality turned me off, so I jumped straight to the second season. I'll probably give that another shot after I finish this season.

Tubobutts

Yeah, I've been loving it. I've been marathoning the second season, COUNTER/Weight, over the last week. After they switched to The Sprawl (which is the same base system as Dungeon World) and the plot picked up it has been awesome. Only have 9 episodes left. Noooo.

I started with Dungeon World but the initial audio quality turned me off, so I jumped straight to the second season. I'll probably give that another shot after I finish this season.
The Dungeon World audio is pretty rough at the beginning, but it eventually gets fixed. I'm on episode 13 and it's been fine for the past few episodes.

justjim89

I got like 3 episodes into the Dungeon World saga before I kinda fell off. I intend to pick it back up to make up for lost Austin, plus I'm all caught up with The Adventure Zone and waiting for new episodes sucks.

Jabronium

Any reason? I'm still around ep 35 of season 2 so wont get to the post for a lil while. Something they said about the format or is it just 'cause they are going back to hieron?

Just a personal taste thing. I really didn't care for one of the players in the faction game and by the sound of the post-mortem, they're going to be a more permanent addition going forward. Like I said, I'll still give it a shot. Maybe it gets better as they get more playtime with the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom