• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

it's fantastic. might be a pc port of the first two games real soon though.

By the way, GBGaf, I lost my in-ear earbuds and need a new set. What should I grab? I was using these $35 Sony in-ears which were quite alright.

Jintor

'not absurd'.

preferably sub $50 US, but if quality is really good could go to $70,80 i guess. Really though I just want you to shotgun recommends at me because I'm gonna go down to the store tommorrow and grab something because getting amazon deliveries just before you move is a bad idea

demidar

I've always wanted to play that series. May get the first one on iOS and the rest on Vita next month or so.

No don't. The iOS version is a very stripped down version of the DS version.

I guess if you can't get it for the DS/3DS you should pick that up but it's inferior in almost every single way.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
'not absurd'.

preferably sub $50 US, but if quality is really good could go to $70,80 i guess. Really though I just want you to shotgun recommends at me because I'm gonna go down to the store tommorrow and grab something because getting amazon deliveries just before you move is a bad idea

Seeing that you're going to audition anyway and that Japan is petty much a paradise for audiophile stuff I'll just give some brands to look out for at your budget. Sony has a few decent budget sets like the mh1 and xb90ex. Other great budget brands to look out for are vsonic, zero audio, jvc, fostex with its te-02, soundmagic and fidue.

If you can visit e-earphone because they have great range. Don't get seduced by the higher end stuff in there if you can.

I'm going to Tokyo tomorrow for the first time, anyone have a video or remember any of the places the GB duders have said to go over the years, besides the obvious places like Super Potatoe, etc...?

Anyone here have any suggestions also?

Jintor

the usual tourist haunts are harajuku, shinjuku, akihabara, and roppongi. imho avoid roppongi, terrible, sleezy area.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, isn't that just Nightmare before Christmas territory or something like that? Tool videos are mostly slightly creepy art projects.

'not absurd'.

I always get Sennheiser CX somethings (CX 300 iirc), they're around 30 euros here and hit the price/quality sweet spot for me. Good sound quality, strong bass, fit nicely.

FStop7

Banned
Alex describing inside as being like a tool video is the quickest someone had discouraged me from a game.

Yikes.

Listening to Brad and Dan talk about it put me off. Brad was very enthusiastic but Dan sounded a bit more... grounded? It sounds like Limbo Plus.

Wunder

Yikes.

Listening to Brad and Dan talk about it put me off. Brad was very enthusiastic but Dan sounded a bit more... grounded? It sounds like Limbo Plus.

Yeah but it also sounded like most of the good stuff hits on the second half. If it's narratively strong, I'd be into it

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
D.VAblast ‏@alex_navarro 3 minutes ago

D.VAblast Retweeted Warboy Nux

It’s official: We’re calling this bluff. Live QL of Mario & Sonic Olympics today! Featuring @DanRyckert!

oh dear lord

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
that new blink album kicks ass boys

4296114-agreed.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom