• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAT 9 for life!

rat9-ces.png

Battery is trash but love it regardless.

I have a G700 and the battery is real bad in gaming mode. PS4 gamepad bad. But I assigned a button to switch to regular usage low profile. Days when I'm not actively playing games it can last a whole three to four days! Thanks to Overwatch and Doom, it's closer 1.5 days...

Lunar FC

I have a G700 and the battery is real bad in gaming mode. PS4 gamepad bad. But I assigned a button to switch to regular usage low profile. Days when I'm not actively playing games it can last a whole three to four days! Thanks to Overwatch and Doom, it's closer 1.5 days...

The rat 9 comes with two batteries with one always charging. I have to switch them out everyday, heavy use or not. Sucks, but it only takes like 5 seconds.

FHIZ

SFV broke Jason to the point where I expect him to come in next week calling Dan "Brother Nero"

But man, I fell off SFV early and I'm glad. The nickel and dimming and the fight money grind (especially if you're not fantastic at the game) seems insane.

Joeku

Saturday Night Slam Masters is fucking awesome. I played the shit out of that as a kid, and it introduced me to Mike Haggar. Game is great.

This story mode is so disjointed. The Kirin scene was completely useless. The ring scene was completely useless. Oh my god. Y'know I don't make a big deal of shitty movies, I tend to enjoy them, but this is giving me an aneurysm.

It's setting up where everyone is at the start. It's not even complicated.

It's just a basic "here's where all the characters are at the start" setup, seen in a million movies and books.

It doesn't even flow well together. Like I said, disjointed, not complicated. You want decent flow, the first episode of Game of Thrones is a good example.

This is just badly edited. It's disjointed.

ArjanN

It doesn't even flow well together. Like I said, disjointed, not complicated. You want decent flow, the first episode of Game of Thrones is a good example.

This is just badly edited. It's disjointed.

Meh, Street Fighter isn't trying to be Game of Thrones. I think it's fine.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's just a basic "here's where all the characters are at the start" setup, seen in a million movies and books with an ensemble cast.

Most ensemble movies don't pop through characters at the beginning this quickly. It's like a music video introduction, not a movie or story mode.

I like how Unjustice did its campaigns. 3-5 battles per character, moving the story along as it did. Was pretty fun overall.

SFV looks like they implemented the story outline and then inserted battles until they ran out of time. Lots of opportunities for... anything... are instead just exposition.

It's just kind of super boring, which is a lot more problematic than bad pacing and editing. I'd rather they just put in a regular-ass Arcade mode already.

Most ensemble movies don't pop through characters at the beginning this quickly. It's like a music video introduction, not a movie or story mode.

Yeah.

It's like..'Oh here's Kirin. Here's Alex and Laura.' And then they just forget about that and go and start another thread of the story involving different characters.

This is the progression of that horrible scene- Boxing match>Kirins House>Back to Boxing Match>Back to House>Then let's go to New York and forget all that.

You could literally cut all that nonsense involving the boxing match/Kirins house and it would be fine. AND NOW RASHID IS IN NEW YORK BECAUSE FUCK YOU.

No, if they went back to the boxing match and you did a couple matches there it would be fine. Instead they just leave that thread hanging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom