• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Meneses

It kinda makes sense because that game was gonna get murdered in October anyway, but it's still another paragraph in the Last Guardian tragicomedy.

I loved both Team Ico games but i'm kinda indifferent to this one now. I'll still play it, of course.

Meguro

Banned
I'm fine with it being delayed, even if it's delayed right out of my vacation time.
It's weird to see so many people have such extreme reactions to a freaking delay though.
It's FFXV all over again.
Videogames get delayed! It happens.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I liked Mankind Divided but it suddenly and completly ran out of steam for me. I'm like 2 missions away from finishing it (did all the sidequests and they were great) and I have no desire to play it ever again. Maybe I'll power through it eventually but....probably not.

derFeef

I liked Mankind Divided but it suddenly and completly ran out of steam for me. I'm like 2 missions away from finishing it (did all the sidequests and they were great) and I have no desire to play it ever again. Maybe I'll power through it eventually but....probably not.

Same feeling about 4 hours in... I have had enough and there is nothing that drags me further. :(

The last mission is fucking awesome.

The game gets a bit shite when
martial law
happens but that's only a small part of the game thankfully.

Mr. F

Banned

I got to that point shortly after starting. Was excited leading up to release but sitting down to play I realized I wasn't feeling it or in the mood at all.

Meneses

Yeah, i'm also not feeling Deus Ex.

There are a lot of neat details about the game, but I just have no desire to actually play it.

One thing I did like was that you could go around doing a lot of stuff even before the first main mission that tells you to go to your headquarters. I spent quite a bit of time just hacking people's computers and robbing their houses.

Lots of stuff in Deus Ex to like but its just not grabbing me.

This is what it must feel like to be Jeff.

I feel like I have been waiting for the game to get going for 15 hours and it still hasn't.

STNKlwJ.jpg

These ads sometimes...

tonka

Because Ireland is a relatively small market, I sometimes get ads from across the country, like "visit this hotel four hours away!", or "Here's this ad for a service in the UK because who at the ad company knows the difference!".

I also occasionally get ads from our German masters that I can't read because I did French in school.

LiK

SHow is the game? I loved all the AA (well, except Apollo Justice which was just alright) games but for some reason never finished the last one.

it's awesome. better than AA5. love the new characters and dialogue is better. they made the trials and investigations more fun. but you should finish AA5 before you jump in. it's a direct follow-up just like with all the previous games.

Curufinwe

The Deus Ex playdate was a good story refresher for me because I took a break from it to run thru RE 4, which took 20 hours including Separate Ways and some Mercs.

I also didn't know there so many hidden items in Jensen's apartment so I can go back and get some of them. Good old Vinny seemed to find them all.

SomberOwl

I wonder how thin game journalists / pundits / personalities can stretch the Patreon dollars. I'm just saying not everyone will be able to be do this right? Theres only so many people to give money.

I wonder how thin game journalists / pundits / personalities can stretch the Patreon dollars. I'm just saying not everyone will be able to be do this right? Theres only so many people to give money.

If I'm going to give my hard earned money to them it has to be because I like who they are (luv u Danny) and their output (The Point is amazing, Danny's great on podcasts, his LPs on YouTube are very entertaining)...

So basically, I agree, I don't think many could justify it.

As an Irish bloke he should say cunt more though. It's not right that he never says it. Come on Danny let loose mate.

It depends on audience overlap I suppose. Ie being a Giant Bomb fan, I think Id support GB over Danny(no offense Danny!) with $50 a year.

I thought about it yesterday. Im sure alot of GB fans will patreon Damny, but the overlap feels very real.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
If he's really going to make high quality video game documentaries, then that's a niche that's not really occupied by crowdfunding right now.

Sure, people know him from GS and GB, but the potential audience is much greater and the content different.
He just has to get his name out there now. That's why he's on Totalbiscuit's show tomorrow, for example.

If he's really going to make high quality video game documentaries, then that's a niche that's not really occupied by crowdfunding right now.

Sure, people know him from GS and GB, but the potential audience is much greater and the content different.
He just has to get his name out there now. That's why he's on Totalbiscuit's show tomorrow, for example.

Well he always would guest on TBs show, every once in a while, even when he worked at GS. I think theyre friends.

Top Bottom