• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

You know how on the Beastcast they said that they didn't trust people who didn't like Queen?

I don't think I could ever fully trust someone who doesn't find Monster Factory funny. Even people I know who don't give a shit about video games crack up when they watch it.

Chuck

Still without luck
I did it!

tumblr_n1h8vazYKM1slr9fto4_r1_400.png

Took a little while to get back to it after getting stuck on level 8, but really liked it overall, great ending. Great game. :)

I don't think I want to keep playing Mankind Divided

That says a lot about how much you dislike it considering the main quest is about 10 hours. I would know considering that's how long my first playthrough was, and I wrapped up my no-alert hard mode run in three hours yesterday.

Ashby

I was getting really caught up in all the Mankind Divided sidequests so I was a bit bummed out when I looked up that there's only like ten of them.

I admire Danny's passion, but leaving a stable job with health benefits and a steady paycheck for the uncertainty of fan funded independent filmmaking seems super risky. I hope he succeeds, but he's not pulling any huge numbers on his yt videos as is.

Not to make guesses on peoples personal lives, but I'm guessing that his wife at least has decent health insurance with her job, whatever it is, if nothing else. I mean, I don't think it's a coincidence that he quits GS shortly after marrying and getting his green card.

I was getting really caught up in all the Mankind Divided sidequests so I was a bit bummed out when I looked up that there's only like ten of them.
They're all really good though!

But is the main story a disappointment?

Yeah, the main plot totally does feel like the "Act 1" of a larger story, and the fact that a lot of the background elements of the conspiracy are... in the background can make it seem kind of relatively small and inconsequential. It's kinda Mass Effect 2 in that aspect.

Curufinwe

Not to make guesses on peoples personal lives, but I'm guessing that his wife at least has decent health insurance with her job, whatever it is, if nothing else. I mean, I don't think it's a coincidence that he quits GS shortly after marrying and getting his green card.

That's not how he got his green card. It doesn't work like that.

Mankind Divided is the first story based game in a long time I moved away from before finishing the main story that wasn't some crazy 80 hour epic like Witcher 3 or Persona or Fallout.

Ill get back to it eventually but as a big fan of Human Revolution, MD is B.O.R.I.N.G

Megasoum

Banned
Here I am with 3 AAA games installed and ready to go on my PC but all I'm doing is watching old tv shows while playing Picross 3D2

I don't know about all of them. That SM00 especially just seems very thing.

That one's okay because you can stumble across it and start it in a million different places (including finding the place where you can end the quest), and then solve it in a bunch of ways by skipping steps.

Everything in MD is so good and interesting.

In this case I think he was over here on a work visa originally? He was at Gamespot UK and then transferred over to the US branch?

Not saying he quit Gamespot because he got his Greencard though. I think his leaving GS has been boiling since youve had his Point partner and various other coworkers leaving over the past year. I wouldve done the same tbh

I have over 60 hours in the game on my third playthrough and I'm still finding stuff. GOTY 2016.

Have you found more hub areas? Because going through Prague 3 times with nothing changing outside of police brutality and 3 side-quests progressing felt a little lacklustre to me.

To me the game felt smaller in scope than the other entries in the series despite it's ridiculous production time and it didn't build upon an of the gameplay elements seen in the other games. It was a huge disappointment.

I'll give you finding the Knuckles, Knuckles & Knuckles carts as being one of the best moments of 2016 though.

Wasn't saying "marrying = green card." I'm saying the combo of having his green card and now being married to somebody who likely has a stable job with health insurance meant that it was easier for him to take this risk.

Or ya' know, maybe he's crazy.

Danny said on tumblr that he's planning on moving to the east coast early next year.

Yeah, interesting. SF is not friendly for housing, and I imagine Danny would like to start a family

And then him and Dan will have kids

And then they can go on playdates with Max

and we'll get a new feature called 'The GB kids play old games' where they have to go through old games

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, interesting. SF is not friendly for housing, and I imagine Danny would like to start a family

And then him and Dan will have kids

And then they can go on playdates with Max

and we'll get a new feature called 'The GB kids play old games' where they have to go through old games

GB kids react to gb videos.

"My dad said what?"

Have you found more hub areas? Because going through Prague 3 times with nothing changing outside of police brutality and 3 side-quests progressing felt a little lacklustre to me.

To me the game felt smaller in scope than the other entries in the series despite it's ridiculous production time and it didn't build upon an of the gameplay elements seen in the other games. It was a huge disappointment.

I'll give you finding the Knuckles, Knuckles & Knuckles carts as being one of the best moments of 2016 though.

The sidequests are huge and the best in the series both in stories and options, and the level design and environmental storytelling are massive leaps forward, so they clearly built on stuff in my eyes.

Top Bottom