• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

BearPawB

Banned
I thought the new hire was the CEO of Taco Bell

not-your-parents-taco-bell.jpg

#collusion #followthemoney #yoquiero

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Its not going to happen, but in bizarro universe if they did hire Yahtzee I'd be disappointed. A large part of why I like GiantBomb is because the staff is free of actual dicks, and while I like Yahtzee as a critic, he can be a real dick

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I don't actually care that much since $5 a month isn't anything, but it is a bit hilarious that with the premium sale on we're getting like, one instance of every type of premium content in rapid succession

GB knows how to capitalize

I bet we are getting mario party party this week

I bet you're right... They have, what, 4 games left to play and less than 3 months to do it... They gotta start soon. My guess is that they announce it on the Bombcast tomorrow and it happens sometime later this week.

If this happened I don't know that I could visit the site with any regularity. I don't think his personality would mesh with GB West at all.

Just imagine the shitstorm if he was hired. It would be worse than the shitstorm when Dan and Jason were hired

And I mean worse. There would be fury.

robotrock

Banned
Was Austin relatively unknown when they picked him up? If so I wonder if they'll go the oposite way this time around. Plenty of people out there that used to work for big outlets just waiting to bite on that, I'm sure.

Austin was definitely not unknown when GB picked him up

justjim89

Why would they ever hire Yahtzee after his drunk SJW ranting escapade? Might as well just hire TB for the bigger fanbase.

I certainly missed this.

I've fallen off of watching ZP recently. I still enjoy the show when I do watch it, but I like to devote as little thought as possible to The Escapist.

Yahtzee?
post-39456-obiwan-kenobi-now-thats-a-name-mGsY.gif

Id sacrifice TOGS and ROF for a single new Unplugged.
For real, I'm so sad we only ever got that Fiasco podcast as far as tabletop stuff goes while Austin was on the team.

GB Unplugged: Pathfinder literally changed my life...it was my first introduction to tabletop games which led to me meeting my current girlfriend of 2.5 years when I joined a D&D campaign at my college.

BearPawB

Banned
Don't Vinny and Rorie play D&D a lot? And Drew loves stuff like The Resistance.

Every time they have played D&D on the site it has been a boring disaster. (outside of the Austin stuff)

Rorie is not a good dungeon master, not for the purposes of some casual fun on the site.

Top Bottom