• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

I don't buy Early Access games. I have enough trouble playing finished games in my backlog.

This. I think Starbound was my only real early access experience and I got completely bored of it way before it was finished and I still never went back.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I enjoyed it a lot on early access, it's just that i played too much of it and didn't have the appetite for it anymore once it's released

I enjoyed it a lot on early access, it's just that i played too much of it and didn't have the appetite for it anymore once it's released

Thinks for mentioning Dont Starve tho, I might go back to it since I'm binging Supernatural, and having a small game thats kinda mindless like that on the side is what I'm looking for..

I'd be interested to go back to Don't Starve now actually. I really enjoyed it when it was first released so it'd be cool to see what its become.

Alex talking shit about Screwed :( I like that movie. Dave Chappelle and a creepy Danny DeVito before he was crazy Frank Reynolds. Movie's pretty good.

BearPawB

Banned
The Danny speculation comes from a place of love though. We all wanted to see more of him, because even though he wasn't part of the site, he made us laugh.

I don't think our speculation was bad, or harmful, like I've seen some on twitter say.

I do think it's good Jeff shut it down, rip off the bandaid and all.

LiK

The Danny speculation is child's play compared to the massive discussion on the Beast hiring before they found Austin. That was fun.

I kind of had a secret hope that Danny, Mary, Drew and Dan would somehow end up breaking off and starting their own site. They always seemed to have the best chemistry together and all seemed to have a big desire and always wanted to try new stuff content wise.

Never thought it'd actually happen but for some reason always kind of wanted it to happen?

Jintor

I think sooner or later they did add more base building features

yeah but stuff like having no actual sleeping areas that didn't degrade really stressed me out, or the fact I couldn't browse the in-game menus (crafting etc) so couldn't really plan out my day without time ticking forward. A bit too stressful for my liking. Not to mention combat was real garbage.

I mean you can't intentionally wind up your fanbase with Street Fighter contests and segments about staff moving and not expect there to be speculation when staff move.

Xater

Ok the Early Access hate here sealed my decision to not get Slime Rancher now. I'll pick it up once it's done though.

Mr. F

Banned
Adam Savage is leaving Tested for games PR and Danny will take his place. Norm will be the new GB hire
and I'd quit the site

Zaph

The Danny speculation is child's play compared to the massive discussion on the Beast hiring before they found Austin. That was fun.

I really like how Austin's hire ended up as a complete surprise, hope they manage to pull the rabbit out of the hat again.

I dont think Norm would necessarily have the personality to hang with the guys quite so much but to be honest, anything linking back to the Whiskey Media days I would lap up so I'm all for it lol

Tubobutts

In the UPF for 12/05/14 Dave "joked" that he would soon return for his third tour at CBSi. Jeff said it would happen in 2017. What year is it almost?

Follow the money.

Also Troid

LiK

Norm is in charge of Tested site now so i doubt he would leave that to work under someone else. Also, Norm just doesn't seem like the type to only work on game coverage. He's way into gear and science stuff more.

Jintor

i said it before, i'll say it again: will, norm and gary was the god damn triforce of awesome. any two of them together was kinda blah, but all three was some god tier podcasting for reasons i can't comprehend.

i said it before, i'll say it again: will, norm and gary was the god damn triforce of awesome. any two of them together was kinda blah, but all three was some god tier podcasting for reasons i can't comprehend.

I just stopped following Gary after one of his many twitter plea's to get free stuff

There was definitely a period during the Whiskey era where I was looking forward to This is Only a Test more than the Bombcast each week.

LiK

i unfollowed Norm recently, his twitter is pretty dang boring now. i still follow Gary cuz i do enjoy his political tweets.

Jintor

And him sucking up to whoever he was writing something for. Remember when he deleted all his negative Star wars posts on GAF when he got that writing gig?

I mean I just separated out all my suss tweets into a separate twitter account since i'm on a job hunt so i'm in position to criticise.

Maiorum

It really irks me that Alex and Pat go "yes, Sean was very vague and dodgy about the game, but you shouldn't have believed him"

Yes, you should never believe developers and publishers pimping their game; but lets be clear here- there's one side that is clearly at fault here, and it's not the side whose largest sin was to take what something said at face value.

hamchan

New Deus Ex is a ton of fun, a worthy sequel to Human Revolution, a great continuation of the series, and I sure want to see the actual ending to this story in the next game soon, because boy this one left everything hanging with not a great ending.

Megasoum

Banned
i unfollowed Norm recently, his twitter is pretty dang boring now. i still follow Gary cuz i do enjoy his political tweets.

Yeah me too. Tested was already on a downslope for a while but it's just shit now.

Also Gary blocked me on Twitter at some point, can't remember why.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah me too. Tested was already on a downslope for a while but it's just shit now.

You're probably using an Android phone or something shady like that.

Xater

New Deus Ex is a ton of fun, a worthy sequel to Human Revolution, a great continuation of the series, and I sure want to see the actual ending to this story in the next game soon, because boy this one left everything hanging with not a great ending.

Yup. I think I said it before in here, the story isn't bad it just seems to end after act 2 when there is clearly still act 3 to come in which we get down to the real shit.

LiK

were you being snarky about something? sometimes people take it the wrong way. i've blocked people for that before. i recently purged my block list. starting fresh again.

KingKong

Yup. I think I said it before in here, the story isn't bad it just seems to end after act 2 when there is clearly still act 3 to come in which we get down to the real shit.

The game itself is great and definitely the best Deus Ex had played but the story is completely unengaging and there isn't a single good new character. Sure they had to change the ending for the sequel but it wouldn't have been good either way

You just made me check him out since it became apparent new Tested was awful (so about 24 hours into its post-Whiskey life) and I'm surprised to see he's just got married. I thought he was gay for some reason.

Wonder if Tested is still fun for him, especially with Will moving on to bigger, better and more exciting things.

Volotaire

When does deus ex HR pick up?

I'm still stuck in that intro bored to sleep

When you realise you're taking too long or the police station mission.

I think the police station mission is the peak of level design in HR. Choices galore that fulfill the four pillars design and verticality throughout the station.

I really hope, like when they hired Austin, they hire outside of their direct video game friend pool. I would love someone young and fresh, and hopefully someone who doesn't leave for bigger things immediately. I don't think I can take people regularly leaving my favorite website.

Tested is such a bummer these days.They just have no focus, and Adam Savage is unbearable. Everything on the site just feels so self-indulgent.

Will, on the other hand, is doing a live FOO Show interview with the Quadrilateral Cowboy guy INSIDE THE GAME. I can't for that stuff to start putting out content, it's one of my favorite VR things.

BearPawB

Banned
I really hope, like when they hired Austin, they hire outside of their direct video game friend pool. I would love someone young and fresh, and hopefully someone who doesn't leave for bigger things immediately. I don't think I can take people regularly leaving my favorite website.

I think Austin proved what a waste of time the theorizing about the new hire actually is.

Jeff has a good eye for talent, and who will fit the vibe of the site.

LiK

You just made me check him out since it became apparent new Tested was awful (so about 24 hours into its post-Whiskey life) and I'm surprised to see he's just got married. I thought he was gay for some reason.

Wonder if Tested is still fun for him, especially with Will moving on to bigger, better and more exciting things.

he seems to be enjoying it last i checked. altho i no longer listen to the podcasts or check the site after Will left. Will was the main draw for me. Norm is a great gear reviewer but he needed someone like Will to have discussions with since they tend to have great banter.

also yea, i was pretty shocked when he said he got married. dude never even talked about having a GF before or maybe i just never paid attention.

Nitpick, you can be gay and get married. Though even adding "to a woman" still makes it a weird sentence to put in public.

Megasoum

Banned
Woot, 4 days week-end starts now.

Go F1 2016 and DXMD alllllll daaaayyyy

were you being snarky about something? sometimes people take it the wrong way. i've blocked people for that before. i recently purged my block list. starting fresh again.

Oh I'm sure I was snarky lol but then again, like many people said in here, his constant pandering toward some people and his constant using of his follower numbers to get free shit really really bugged me.

Cara Ellison also blocked me for being snarky lol... The only time I ever mentionned her in a tweet (I never even followed her) she blocked me haha

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Woot, 4 days week-end starts now.

Go F1 2016 and DXMD alllllll daaaayyyy

Oh I'm sure I was snarky lol but then again, like many people said in here, his constant pandering toward some people and his constant using of his follower numbers to get free shit really really bugged me.

Cara Ellison also blocked me for being snarky lol... The only time I ever mentionned her in a tweet (I never even followed her) she blocked me haha

You might have a tone problem

Top Bottom