• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

justjim89

Listening to the Beastcast, I can't help but laugh that a slow mile for Danielle (10-10:30) is a really fast mile for me. When I get to the end of a 12-13 mile run, I'm probably running slower than my normal walking speed.

Daheza

Is this a terrible idea or would be a short Endurance Run of the Beast team playing a Pokemon game be awesome? Normally watching Pokemon is fairly dull, but their complete lack of any sort of knowledge could be consistently entertaining

I think this would be great. It's too bad every major pokemon game is on handheld and nothing else.

Is this a terrible idea or would be a short Endurance Run of the Beast team playing a Pokemon game be awesome? Normally watching Pokemon is fairly dull, but their complete lack of any sort of knowledge could be consistently entertaining

Pokemon is a really bad game to stream/record talk over. I haven't seen a successful one yet, other than the finale of the SBF run because that was clinch shit.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ban Sonic lore talk
CsGbI_EXEAAGQqh.jpg

killroy87

I like Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 but it is some steps away from the greatness of Pac-Man Championship Edition DX. Also, nothing touches the title theme music for PMCEDX. Nothing!

Lol, I feel like this theme music might be the most bandwagon-ey thing to ever come out of Giant Bomb. I have no way of proving this theory, but in an alternate universe where Jeff and Ryan didn't blow their loads over this song, no one would have ever given it a second glance.

I only have a very vague memory of SotN (played it back on PS1 and haven't really since unfortunately) but some of the big things they accomplished:

Life Upgrade from a red bird boss (phoenix?)
Performed Soul Steal

Most importantly:
Double Jump!
(they pretty much saved and quit after this)

Thanks!!

Anjin M

Did Idle Thumbs get really bad? I fell off at a point purely because of lack of free time, but I see comments like this about it here and there
The podcast has picked up now that they cut it down to the original three person crew. All of the Rimworld and Planet Coaster talk has been great.

Lol, I feel like this theme music might be the most bandwagon-ey thing to ever come out of Giant Bomb. I have no way of proving this theory, but in an alternate universe where Jeff and Ryan didn't blow their loads over this song, no one would have ever given it a second glance.
I probably would not have played the game without them, but that theme is hype as fuck.

Brashnir

I like Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 but it is some steps away from the greatness of Pac-Man Championship Edition DX. Also, nothing touches the title theme music for PMCEDX. Nothing!

eh, I'd list it as miles short of the mediocrity that was DX. The Original CE is still where it's at. CE2 is just kind of bad.

That title screen track for DX was indeed dope, though.

Naw, son. I was on the hype train for that track before I even heard them flipping out about it.

I was obsessed with that song for like a year before I started following Giant Bomb.

Harpuia

Nah this wouldn't play out. There's not enough interesting story or characters to have them wade through a Pokemon game. Pokemon can also be a bit grindy and pretty slow paced. Though it does have the potential to have several Bufu moments since they will have to figure out what pokemon are which type.

I'm not sure if they would have the interest to keep going. None of the GB staffers have any fondness whatsoever for the games.

Though if the Shenmue ER is anything to go by, the GB guys can definitely make anything, even watching paint dry, be entertaining!!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm actually weirdly excited for Watch Dogs 2. I loved the idea behind the original WD but the character was such a drag and having a main character I don't find interesting or likeable in any capacity can absolutely ruin a game for me. It's probably why I could up with it in Human Revolution but have fallen completely off Mankind Divided because I think Jensen is terrible and there's not a Tracer Tong-like character to make up for it.

Even though the main character of WD2 looks like he'll probably be some generic fight the power but then i learn lessons about reality along the way character, that's better than a character that I actively hate from the start.

Top Bottom