• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

999999-67986014639.jpg

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I've played through Bioshock again (on PC).
This is one of those times where I can't tell if they have actually done anything to the game cause it looks exactly how I remember it looking.
Also holy shit, the shooting feels so bad.

It's still a fine game though.
Bioshock 2 is better and you are all crazy for not seeing it!

This is one of those times where I can't tell if they have actually done anything to the game cause it looks exactly how I remember it looking.

I've always seen it. Even had to remind people a few times about how you had to switch between hands in the first one. Bioshock 2 is a solid improvement.

I did the same thing. you can't tell the difference because it barely looks different.

and not only is 2 better, it's better by orders of magnitude. I honestly think people only remember the one story twist in 1 (which doesn't even really hold up, it's handled super clunky) and forget that the game sucks to play.

actually Bioshock 2 might be the only good Bioshock game.

more like bioshock too much shooting

And you can't go back to old levels, so you have to do like all the adam harvest in a row, which is even more shooting. What a tedious game.

Santar

So I was listening to a old bombcast and Jeff and Ryan mentioned they'd just done a GTA IV launch stream on Justin.TV.
Don't suppose anybody knows if that stream got archived anywhere?
I can't find it and it would be very fun to watch it again.

The first Bioshock had a good twist and was really pretty. That's about all I can say for it. Honestly, it wasn't a great game then and it certainly isn't now.

Lijik

Theres a couple of good areas in bioshock 1, its too bad most of them get ruined by dull "Collect all these things!!" missions

NewDust

Man... I wish they would fix the livestream player, so I wouldn't have to jump through hoops and watch the streams in VLC for good quality.

DOATag

Neo Member
Man... I wish they would fix the livestream player, so I wouldn't have to jump through hoops and watch the streams in VLC for good quality.

Ive had zero problems with the live stream player on chrome or firefox......so whats broken for you?

Johndoey

Banned

Yep, Bioshock 2 is better in almost every way. Despite being badly retconned into the lore Lamb is a better antagonist than Ryan or
Atlas

Theres a couple of good areas in bioshock 1, its too bad most of them get ruined by dull "Collect all these things!!" missions

yeah that was the most startling thing for me while replaying it. what a weird number of progress-slowing "collect 7 baubles" missions. it sucks.

NewDust

Ive had zero problems with the live stream player on chrome or firefox......so whats broken for you?

I wouldn't say broken... but it is noticeable. here's a quick comparison of the quality through the webplayer and trough VLC:

I'll let you figure out which is which. it's almost like the webplayer enlarges every pixel from 1x1 to 4x4. It's minor, but I can not unsee it. fwiw happens in both Chrome and Edge.

Gjerven

I wouldn't say broken... but it is noticeable. here's a quick comparison of the quality through the webplayer and trough VLC:

I'll let you figure out which is which. it's almost like the webplayer enlarges every pixel from 1x1 to 4x4. It's minor, but I can not unsee it. fwiw happens in both Chrome and Edge.

Watching now in Chrome. Right match SD, and left match HD.

NewDust

Watching now in Chrome. Right match SD, and left match HD.

Well, this helped me. The player definitely said I was on HD, but a toggle to SD than back to HD mitigated the issue. I suspect some weird cookie issue, because I have definitely tried swirching it before. I'll see if this keeps it this way.

FStop7

Banned

Why does Dan have a watch with a French flag band?

Lijik

On the off chance that anyone is making their own Box Maker levels (!), I made one earlier called Careful Now.

ID is 10010601

I also beat Jeff's level earlier with one life. PRO GAMER.

i played it, level was neat!
the big mindfuck was watching the top replay and learning this game has the NSMB triple jump in it

Top Bottom