• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Awesome, thanks!

The premium side has a lot more than I figured it would have, wow.

You're welcome! Yea it is pretty crazy, there is a ton of content to watch :). I just started subscribing (and really following) GB last fall and its been well worth it

Awesome, thanks!.

Some people will disagree but I really like their Cards Against Humanity TNT. Also basically any UPF with guests on tend to be amazing, look for the Halloween one last year with Jeff in a penguin costume.

Oh and the Amiga stream. But I don't know if that was premium only?

V4ctXu2.png

Jintor

A Persona 5 ER with Vinny, Alex and Dan would be more interesting than one with Vinny and Jeff.

True fact

I don't think I could take Dan asking even more cultural questions about Japan that neither Vinny or Alex are 100% equipped to handle

no offence to dan, asking questions is good ofc, just... dude asks a lot of questions and he really hurts my brain after a while

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i like danny a lot and wish him all the best but man that video sounds super 'pie in the sky'

i think the only reason i buy it over the original polygon video is because i know danny well enough. if i was someone who didn't i'd probably have rolled my eyes

robotrock

Banned
Are Japanese games way more expensive than US games?

Persona 5 is like 8,800 yen or something on the Japanese PSN store which I guess is $86 in US dollars

A Persona 5 ER with Vinny, Alex and Dan would be more interesting than one with Vinny and Jeff.

True fact

Dan will ask what [Japanese thing] means in every episode and then find a way to wrap back around to wrestling or a trip to Japan he took. Then he'll go "ew, stop" when they try to date a girl because "that's gross, we'll get arrested for this."

Vinny will understand fusing even less than he did during the P4 run and Jeff won't be there to help suss it out.

Alex will hail Satan or ask to be dragged to hell every time they see a demon, or say that it is, in fact, a thing.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Persona 5 is on PS3 right? Maybe I can acutally play it with PS Now at some point.

Dan will ask what [Japanese thing] means in every episode and then find a way to wrap back around to wrestling or a trip to Japan he took. Then he'll go "ew, stop" when they try to date a girl because "that's gross, we'll get arrested for this."

Vinny will understand fusing even less than he did during the P4 run and Jeff won't be there to help suss it out.

Alex will hail Satan or ask to be dragged to hell every time they see a demon, or say that it is, in fact, a thing.

I can see Alex being super into the game though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't think I could take Dan asking even more cultural questions about Japan that neither Vinny or Alex are 100% equipped to handle

no offence to dan, asking questions is good ofc, just... dude asks a lot of questions and he really hurts my brain after a while

I thought you were a teacher? :p

Do teachers like students who ask lots of questions but never retain any of the knowledge?

It's tough. Are they asking the questions because actually have questions, or are they just trying to eat up time/get in your favor by faking that they're interested? Are the questions actually relevant to the class?

Would the class benefit from the answer to the question, even if the individual student doesn't? Because then it's definitely a good thing to have a kid who likes to ask questions.

Job security man.

Students asking questions has no job security to it at all on its own.

i like danny a lot and wish him all the best but man that video sounds super 'pie in the sky'

i think the only reason i buy it over the original polygon video is because i know danny well enough. if i was someone who didn't i'd probably have rolled my eyes

I'm going to need some footage of Danny getting a tattoo because he's an Extreme New Games Journalist for me to pony up.

The mentions of GOTY got me thinking about last year's, and man the 2015 thread is kinda depressing with all the talk about how great Austin has been and will be on the GOTY cast (The Fallout Incident nothwithstanding) and how there will probably be a lot of Japanese representation in 2016 with Persona 5 and Zelda

imBask

Banned
The mentions of GOTY got me thinking about last year's, and man the 2015 thread is kinda depressing with all the talk about how great Austin has been and will be on the GOTY cast (The Fallout Incident nothwithstanding) and how there will probably be a lot of Japanese representation in 2016 with Persona 5 and Zelda

what was the Fallout Incident? my memory is failing me right now

what was the Fallout Incident? my memory is failing me right now

I think it was just the general defense of the game's brokenness. Jeff was arguing that we should hold games to a higher standard technically, and Austin was saying "It's unreasonable to expect a video game that doesn't crash and break constantly." Not even a paraphrase, he said that.

imBask

Banned
He and Brad fought against Fallout 4 being the most disappointing game of 2015.

Their argument was basically "making games is hard" and "that's what Bethesda games are always like, it can't ever really improve, I read an article that said so."

I think it was just the general defense of the game's brokenness. Jeff was arguing that we should hold games to a higher standard technically, and Austin was saying "It's unreasonable to expect a video game that doesn't crash and break constantly." Not even a paraphrase, he said that.

oh right, I remember this discussion now thanks

Top Bottom