• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also this is definitely on me, but i keep getting weirded out by the double peace sign in the paladin's ad on neogaf.

Jintor

I still need a Brad quote and a theme for the BG, wasn't sure whether to go Hitman or Dota (i mean obviously it's Dota but I'm not sure how to rep that)

Antiwhippy

Brad peeg.

2712736-0656849414-q8pxc.gif

Antiwhippy

I mean he just needs a iconic quote right?

Max doesn't count certainly is iconic. It showed us the true depths of brad's character.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The tech talk during the email section on the bombcast today was great. Ive been thinking about those issues a ton lately.
The future is now and its pretty fucking cool/scary.

kAmui-

I still need a Brad quote and a theme for the BG, wasn't sure whether to go Hitman or Dota (i mean obviously it's Dota but I'm not sure how to rep that)

"I shouldn't have eaten before we came in here"

Haven't heard that one in a while though.

Turnstyle

i played it, level was neat!
the big mindfuck was watching the top replay and learning this game has the NSMB triple jump in it

Thanks Lijik, glad you liked it!

Yeah, I had no idea about the triple jump either. This game is deeper than chess.

Xater

The whole self driving cars situation is pretty great. I like driving, but it would just be so convenient.

Dan SF story on the podcast this was AMAZING :D:D:D
SF is so fucked up.

Yesterday I talked to a friend of mine about traveling to America. She mentioned being interested in visiting SF. I was shocked how influenced I was by the Bombcast describing SF as a nightmare scenario.

Jeff casts are best casts. He gives each subject time to breathe and the conversation is more natural and better because of it.

Good thing Brad's leaving I guess.

hamchan

I think Jeffcasts are good for one offs since he gets more apathetic about the thing the more weeks he has to host and then we're all asking for Brad to host the podcast.

Scizzy

As someone whose three best friends live in SF, I can state that I consider the Bay Area an awesome place in every respect except one. It has some of the best food in the world, acres of beautiful parks and beaches, convenient to use public transportation, easy access to wine country/national parks, an active sports culture, great weather, fantastic museums, exceptional local beers, a wide selection of music/cultural events, and an active but not insane night life. I visit often and love it every time. That said, the price of housing is a moral and practical nightmare, pushing thousands into homelessness, creating a public mental health crisis, making the city increasingly inaccessible to members of the middle class, and transforming much of it into a playground for the elite at the expense of longtime residents. But there are a ton of great things about the city that simply have no appeal to Jeff/Dan and it's one of the greatest places in the world if , you know, you ignore the massive inequality at the heart of the city.

Incidentally, I was shocked a few weeks ago when Dan said on the Bombcast he'd only been to Oakland a couple times. It's a cool city that he'd probably prefer to SF.

Antiwhippy

Yeah, from what i know about the usa, which isn't much mind you, is that cali and new York are kinda similar, except you replace rich tech hipsters with rich finance people?

Scizzy

I think Jeffcasts are good for one offs since he gets more apathetic about the thing the more weeks he has to host and then we're all asking for Brad to host the podcast.

This is totally right. Good Jeffcasts are probably better than the average Brad-hosted ones, but the bad ones are much, much worse and they were coming with increasing frequency back when it was a regular gig.

Antiwhippy

This is totally right. Good Jeffcasts are probably better than the average Brad-hosted ones, but the bad ones are much, much worse and they were coming with increasing frequency back when it was a regular gig.

Tbf, when Jeff was the regular host he wasn't exactly in the best headspace.

danm999

I just remember it being very refreshing when Brad started consistently hosting the Bombcast because he was engaging more and while a free flow podcast is nice every now and then when the mood strikes sometimes you want something a little more structured.

Meguro

Banned
If I had to guess it means that P5 will be the massive breakthrough for the franchise?
Say what you will about Witcher 3 but that game shot CDPR to the top and established Witcher as a AAA franchise.

Top Bottom