• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

2887697-ms.jpg

Quick Look: Destiny: Rise of Iron
Can you tell the difference between the Cabal and a wolf? Jeff and Dan rise to the occasion.

I'm still in vanilla Destiny...

Bacon

I find it strange how the new destiny expansion has almost no buzz whatsoever. Taken King was all anyone was talking about for a good while there.

I find it strange how the new destiny expansion has almost no buzz whatsoever. Taken King was all anyone was talking about for a good while there.

They were actively trying to get new players in and get back old players with The Taken King.

The new one seems like it is aimed at the community still playing. I imagine they want to move onto Destiny 2 as quickly and quietly as possible.

I basically was done with Destiny after reaching near maximum light level, playing some crucible and doing vault of glass(which didn't even give me an achievement for doing so). As a guy who buys tons of games, it was an easy decision for me to just drop it and move over to the next thing.

I kind of want to put in the disk just to see what screens I would get since I was done with the game before all the DLCs and updates came out

pizzacat

Banned
Worse actually, we're almost past the highs of the game.
Fucking WHAT?

On destiny

As a guy who put like 600+ hours on destiny I'd love to come back but all the people I used to play with won't so I'll have no one to complain to once I don't get good raid stuff

Jintor

so i guess i put 25 hours into Persona 5 in 3 days? Although probably about 4 or 5 of that is pause time while I was doing other stuff and a further 3-4 hours is me looking up stuff in my dictionary

it's so goddamn good you guys

so i guess i put 25 hours into Persona 5 in 3 days? Although probably about 4 or 5 of that is pause time while I was doing other stuff and a further 3-4 hours is me looking up stuff in my dictionary

Maaaan, stop posting spoilers about length and how good it is!!

In before...

Meneses

I'm pretty sure I spent hundreds of hours on Destiny too (there was a website that said how long you'd played, can't remember now) and i'm not even close to the more hardcore people.

I played the game in spurts, though. Played a lot when it launched, then got bored and stopped. The Taken King was a great expansion and brought me back for a bit, but at that point I got tired of the grind.

I'm not a PVP person so I had even fewer reasons to stick around. I'll probably be there day 1 for Destiny 2.

The shooting felt really great, no other shooter was nearly as fun to play, for me.

But the grindy nature of it and over-reliance on multiplayer stuff (either PVP or Co-op) kinda wore me down.

Also, Destiny really needs to be free from the cross-gen shackles.

edit: and yeah, some of my playtime was just me being Idle.

pizzacat

Banned
Sorry but did you just write that you've played the same video game for almost 1/15 of your waking hours for the last 2 years?

Thats kinda impressive.
I used to leave it on during resets to wake up and buy some shit so it's probably less than that

Actually I would leave it on a lot because of me being dumb about xbone's energy settings lol

Danny's first /noclip feature(behind the scenes) is pretty damn good.

afXpK32.gif

Thanks for the reminder! I need to subscribe his Patron soooon.

And man, he's so close to the podcast goal now. I'm happy for him.

GB should have seized the chance to #hireodwyer. Now he's too powerful... he's evolved into his perfect form and they'll never be able to take him on.

NinjaEdit:

aP9m9ya.gif

Zafir

Wait.

Does that count?
Well it's not a glitchless run so yeah. Basically there's an out of bounds trick in Dobuita on the stairs near the park. That allows you to get on the bus. The bus triggers disk 2. So you only need to play the first 5 minso of disk 1.

The glitch less run WR is 11 hours 30 or so. So disk 1 adds nearly 4 hours to the run.

Video Games in 2017 prediction.

Destiny 2 wont be out next year but if it is it is going to be a thin mess like Destiny 1 because Bungie NEEDED to have it out because of contract stuff.

Bungie just dont seem good at making content.
No wonder Brad likes them so much.

Lunar FC

I played destiny super hard from The House of Wolves to The Taken King, and really enjoyed the game during that time. But, I just fueled burned out on the game now and have no interest in coming back for Rise of Iron.

Xater

Bought Virginia, it looks damn interesting. Hope it turns out to be good, going to try it out later.

I played it today. I probably enjoyed it moe than most narrative games. Interactvity is minimal but it's a good effort when it comes to telling a story without dialogues. I am still trying to completely wrap my head around it though...

Have there been any events recently? All I remember are the Halloween event last year, Valentines, and the races.

They had some ARG going on last week that led to a big portion of the community being infected and spreading their infection. The infections were buffs and they have put an emblem on Tuesday to those that participated.

Other than that, not really.

For what it's worth, I play a lot of Destiny. I enjoy what I play, but I spend a lot of time in PvP. They added the Challenge of Elders in April and I really like doing that. Rise of Iron is good, and I like the record book stuff they added. It's easier than ever to get the gear you want, but the grind to bring up your light level is real.

I think if we get enough "I want to play destiny again but ___ reason" people together we can all form a raid group and I can finally see a raid.

Top Bottom