• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

It's a real shame about the seemingly sampled sounds and the Mario theme when placing objects. That and turtles and the screen transitions and other aesthetic stuff.

Mario Maker (the full package including convenient uploading and downloading from in game) for PC is a great idea. Wish these kinds of games could differentiate themselves enough to be safe legally and be real competitors without trying to piggyback.

In the same way, at this point, I wish Nintendo fangames would just switch out their graphics and drop the usage of the IP and go the Freedom Planet/Yooka Laylee/Bloodstained route, and instead of tributing a company that will punish them, compete with them in filling the niche of those game styles on other platforms.

Dineren

Banned
So we're not going to switch to Mario Maker? Watching them play bad games can be funny but they've already played this twice and the funny part is that it's a very blatant ripoff of Mario Maker that controls poorly. Also, I'm not a huge fan of them encouraging sales of this kind of thing to play the shared level.

I kind of agree. Having just finished the bombcast today, it's weird hearing them talk about how this game apparently blatantly rips off assets from Maple Story and Mario Maker, but then they go ahead and give it further exposure.

It has online multiplayer.

But honestly? It looks lame.

I would much rather see a first person mode on the Vive.

That would be difficult to do, but more interesting than "here's Gangbeasts but you can look around at the nothing surrounding you."

[EDIT] Virginia downloaded! Really looking forward to playing it this weekend, that you for the recommendation whoever posted about it.

Tagyhag

That would be difficult to do, but more interesting than "here's Gangbeasts but you can look around at the nothing surrounding you."

[EDIT] Virginia downloaded! Really looking forward to playing it this weekend, that you for the recommendation whoever posted about it.

Yeah it'd be weird, but man, if they made the punching feel as responsive as in Rec Room? 10/10.

Just hold a guy down and pummel him.

As fun as the maker streams are, this is reminding me of why I dropped off of Mario Maker.

Everything is either garbage, kaizo, automatic, or gimmicky.

Finding levels that felt "authentic" and "balanced" as platformer levels was too hard. Maybe if the features of their website they made to find levels was in the game itself, it might be easier to find actual "Mario levels", but I got bored with it after a while.

Sou Da

As fun as the maker streams are, this is reminding me of why I dropped off of Mario Maker.

Everything is either garbage, kaizo, automatic, or gimmicky.

Finding levels that felt "authentic" and "balanced" as platformer levels was too hard. Maybe if the features of their website they made to find levels was in the game itself, it might be easier to find actual "Mario levels", but I got bored with it after a while.

Yeah I pretty much had to follow Vinesauce and GDQ guys to find good levels.

Sou Da

I got some old friends making a Pokemon game actually, been in development for a little over a year now.

It isn't edgy like Uranium though, it's p good so far.

They got pretty spooked when Kotaku did an article on it.

How many original monsters does Uranium have? At this point has Nintendo made it illegal to use these originals in a 6 party 4 moves turn based monster catching RPG with all uses of the P word and symbol find and replaced?

Sou Da

How many original monsters does Uranium have? At this point has Nintendo made it illegal to use these originals in a 6 party 4 moves turn based monster catching RPG with all uses of the P word and symbol find and replaced?

I don't how much they have but something like Sage does a whole original dex and hasn't gotten DMCA'd yet. https://capx.wikia.com

You can rip off Pokemon and sell it though, just look at EvoCreo on the appstore.

Top Bottom