• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Salarians

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1283039

Well damn.

Looks like the Vive is the headset to get in more ways than one.
giphy.gif

I kind of want to go into the Oculus thread and see how they are trying to justify their purchase. But that seems rude,

I own one. The answer would likely be for 95% of them, I didn't know when I bought the damn thing that the face of the company was backing a fascist for the US Presidential Election.

Lunar FC

I own one. The answer would likely be for 95% of them, I didn't know when I bought the damn thing that the face of the company was backing a fascist for the US Presidential Election.

I'm not talking about this news, just the quality of the product experience and software in general compared to the Vive.

Ashby

So say Palmer is on a Giant Bomb livestream in the near future (because if we're talking all the way to E3 than you could just say the news cycle has already been over the issue), does Jeff ask him about this stuff? Is there some sort of journalistic responsibility there to not ignore the issue with this guy funding and supporting a bunch of reprehensible shit? 'Cause if you just yuck it up with the guy and not bring this stuff up you end up coming off like Jimmy Fallon.

I'm not talking about this news, just the quality of the product experience and software in general compared to the Vive.

Oh, well I actually use the Rift much more than the Vive but that's because my primary reason for VR is to play Elite Dangerous and there are some unfortunate issues with that game when it comes to the Vive.

Tubobutts

So say Palmer is on a Giant Bomb livestream in the near future (because if we're talking all the way to E3 than you could just say the news cycle has already been over the issue), does Jeff ask him about this stuff? Is there some sort of journalistic responsibility there?
I would be surprised if he is on a livestream again.

Mr. F

Banned
So say Palmer is on a Giant Bomb livestream in the near future (because if we're talking all the way to E3 than you could just say the news cycle has already been over the issue), does Jeff ask him about this stuff? Is there some sort of journalistic responsibility there to not ignore the issue with this guy funding and supporting a bunch of reprehensible shit? 'Cause if you just yuck it up with the guy and not bring this stuff up you end up coming off like Jimmy Fallon.

They don't really consider themselves journalists right? Whenever it comes up in emails or other discussion they kind of skirt around referring to themselves as such, I think Austin was the only one who explicitly did. I've always thought GB landed firmly on the side of enthusiast press with occasional moments like the Microsoft E3 Master Chief Collection thing.

Short answer; he'll probably not be on a stream, if anything Oculus will be smart enough to get another rep entirely for those kinds of appearances.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
non-gaming related, but you know most music applications have where if you just type in the artist name with the window open, it will automatically go to it in your music folder

it is CRAZY to me that Spotify doesn't have this feature. Navigating albums is a huge pain in the ass if you're doing it through my library

Strax

Unless it impacts Palmers job I highly doubt Jeff or most game media would ask about it. Same reasons why Polanski, Woody Allen and others aren't asked about their stuff by the film media.

TraBuch

Banned
I can't see Jeff ever questioning him about it because I can't imagine Jeff ever inviting him on to a show again.

At least I hope not.

Top Bottom