• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

That whole thing is gonna have moments in a future Best of Giant Bomb. That rrrrr moment and that first time the turtle breaks the wall and then comes back and kills Jeff will be there guaranteed.

Yeah this was a brilliant stream! Jeff's sudden screams every now and then were slaying me.
Fobwashed as per usual making a far funnier edit than I can muster up on my phone 😂

https://twitter.com/fobwashed/status/779122945989840896

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'm normally fine with internet people I like trying to remain largely apolitical, or at least apolitical from the specifics of American partisanship (obviously parts of their political viewpoints have become apparent over the years) but man, this election cycle I will be happy if the GB crew and basically anyone else making game content come out explicitly against Trump

He's not Romney, he's not McCain or Bush. This is not a normal election cycle

And fuck Palmer Lucky

I'm probably late to the party, but I didn't know they were making a Wind Jammers-esque remake...

I'm seeing a streamer play this game called Disc Jam on Twitch right now... So it will likely be released pretty soon... Looks interesting

Edit: I know that some people like to try and separate the artist from the art... But in this Palmer Lucky situation... Fuck that guy.

robotrock

Banned
oh yeah? Well I thought Luckey was a scumbag way before you guys did

Seems like everyone had me beat. Just got the impression that he was an awkward dude that was way into Super Smash Bros Melee in 2016. While that was weird, I definitely didn't expect him to be this weird.

uh

..uh

Yes.

Vinny was in the actual Quick Look though. And the DLC stuff, where he managed to find alllll the glitches. He is the master of open worlds!

One of THE. BEST. Giant Bomb moments. Vinny driving that car with the bomb in the back and then IT ROCKET-SPINS TO THE SKY AND RYAN'S PATENTED "YEAHHHH!!! YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Seems like everyone had me beat. Just got the impression that he was an awkward dude that was way into Super Smash Bros Melee in 2016. While that was weird, I definitely didn't expect him to be this weird.

I mean if liking smash brothers didn't give him away to you that's more on you.

Xater

I'm probably late to the party, but I didn't know they were making a Wind Jammers-esque remake...

I'm seeing a streamer play this game called Disc Jam on Twitch right now... So it will likely be released pretty soon... Looks interesting

Edit: I know that some people like to try and separate the artist from the art... But in this Palmer Lucky situation... Fuck that guy.

Hah, Austin Creed/Xavier Woods talked about that game on the SBF podcast. He sounded really into it. Like this is the real deal when it comes to Windjammers-like games. Also apparently made by two guys who worked on COD before.

I mean if liking smash brothers didn't give him away to you that's more on you.

Crazy how much she Smash Community has been proven to be a cesspool lately.

2888062-ns.jpg

Giant Bomb Makes Boxes
Little boxes, on the website. Little boxes made of carbon copy.
---

I played it today. I probably enjoyed it moe than most narrative games. Interactvity is minimal but it's a good effort when it comes to telling a story without dialogues. I am still trying to completely wrap my head around it though...

I'm going through it right now, enjoying it!

Did they really do a Box Maker stream? Jesus.

My guess is that they wanted to do something before it gets removed(eventually)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1283039

Well damn.

Looks like the Vive is the headset to get in more ways than one.

Well...

FStop7

Banned
Box Maker is frustrating because it's such a shameless ripoff of Mario Maker. If they'd brought something new to the table while utilizing the mechanics of MM then I'd say it means MM is now its own genre of game. But Box Maker's a bunch of sprite swaps.

bomma_man

I never had the dislike for Palmer that a lot of you seem to have, he always seemed like a kinda geeky but okay guy, but that's an unfortunate thing to learn.

My desire to not support Palmer is going to conflict with my love for Carmack.

Iirc Carmack isn't great politically either.

Palmer Luckey news is no surprise to me. He seemed like an asshole from the beginning and he has retweeted his girlfriend who is also an alt-right asshole. Hopefully GB completely disassociates themselves from him. Wish they'd done it sooner tbh.

The last 20 or so seconds of the box maker stream should be required viewing for people new to Giant Bomb.
Dan was totally right about fire being two syllables even if he can't roll his Rs. The problem is that the spelling is misleading for words that end in -ire. They should probably be spelled -ier, but those words typically sound like -eer. English is weird.

I wonder if this Palmer Luckey thing is going to be talked about in any of the podcasts. Its probably some of the biggest new of the year, but that would make the podcast weirdly political in a way they usually avoid.

LiK

I wonder if this Palmer Luckey thing is going to be talked about in any of the podcasts. Its probably some of the biggest new of the year, but that would make the podcast weirdly political in a way they usually avoid.

Oh I'm sure everyone will discuss it, It's too big to avoid.

Jeff probably blacklisted Luckey

I hope so.

There's a time to have political discourse, whether you're a Repub or Liberal, but when one side is literally a xenophobic, racist, ignorant piece of shit, then any discourse will become a shit flinging content and nobody comes out looking good.

Palmer in the one hand, he could've been Republican. That's fine. But he actively thinks that Hillary is a threat? To what? His wealth? He really thinks he's going to lead a revolution?

He's a piece of shit. Through and through. He isn't worth anything.

Top Bottom