• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Balb

I wonder if this Palmer Luckey thing is going to be talked about in any of the podcasts. Its probably some of the biggest new of the year, but that would make the podcast weirdly political in a way they usually avoid.

It'd be pretty gutless of them if there was zero acknowledgment of it.

It'd be pretty gutless of them if there was zero acknowledgment of it.

I think calling them gutless is a bit unfair. I think one can respect their desire to want to keep their site from falling on either side of the aisle. Even with the Gamergate they kind of tiptoed around the whole thing at least on the site itself. I could very much see them say that its major news and that its all a mess, but little else.

Meguro

Banned
They got fairly criticised for that GamerGate debacle and if they tiptoe around this the same will happen again.
But I don't believe it will.
Not after their clear stances on the whole Baldurs Gate 2 remaster stuff.

Gandie

I was dying of laughter at the end of the Box Maker stream. Poor Dan and his inability to roll his RRRRRRrrrrrrrs

https://vine.co/v/5vKUaVhejLZ

As someone currently in college to become a speech language therapist, it's incredibly hard to teach someone the concept of learning a new way to produce sound. Which is why we often use concepts that are easier to grasp, especially when working with children. An example is the concept of a large cat/tiger/lion hissing and growling to get the patient to produce the velar fricative, which are very important in German.

Anybody laughing at Dan should try to roll an "r" by letting their tongue vibrate against their upper lip. It's incredibly hard to do, but once you have it, you have it.

Xater

I found Jeff's first Blueprint in Forza Horizon 3. Of course it was an event in which you could only drive the Lexus he actually owns.

I think calling them gutless is a bit unfair. I think one can respect their desire to want to keep their site from falling on either side of the aisle. Even with the Gamergate they kind of tiptoed around the whole thing at least on the site itself. I could very much see them say that its major news and that its all a mess, but little else.

yeah man, wouldn't want to fall on the side of anti racism and harassment, that would be terrible

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The end of that Box Maker stream was basically my whole class in Germany trying to do the English "th" in school.

Well, Pachter was right about one PC gamer.
This was a great joke and it has not gone unnoticed.

Twitch has Geico produced ads featuring MOBA players

this is the future we are in for
Geico is weirdly into esports. I don't see the overlap, but I prefer it greatly to any energy drink or hardware sponsor.

It's not as if they're not already hated in gg circles
They were attacked from all sides there for a while. It was a bad time, but I think they handled it the right way.

Man... I bought a Gear VR like 2 weeks ago and now every time I spend money on an app I'm going to feel a twinge of regret for giving them money...

EDIT: This is the description text for the latest Endurance Run video: "I'd like to thank all of you for whom this will be your last episode with us. We truly understand and wish you the best."

I wonder if we see Vinny lose it even more.

Zaph

I've had my suspicions about this guy for a while going on a few comments and RTs he's made on Twitter. Unfollowed him a while back.

Looks like I'll never be buying an Oculus product.

Yup, there was always something off about the guy, but I just put that down to him being a Smash player. Turns out it's just straight racism. okay.

You don't need to be a good person to be smart, but it does make me wonder about the Zenimax vs Oculus lawsuit and their claims that Palmer isn't the wunderkind people thought - instead merely a front to funnel stolen IP and code through. I never got that Carmack-garage-genius vibe from Palmer.

hamchan

The "something weird" about Palmer vibe I just attributed to him being an awkward young nerd, becoming rich out of nowhere and becoming the face of VR, who suddenly had to go on big media tours.

Also being a smash fan yes.

Him being a secret racist was pretty darn unexpected.

Jintor

I like that he hid it for ages and then inexplicably decided to reveal it because ???

What a weird decision.

Also apparently he came from nothing to become a member of the 0.001%. lmao.

You can be smart as fuck and blind as shit

I'm sure the scumbags will try and frame it as "oh my god no-one is allowed a different political opinion" but it's not even that he is anti-Clinton or pro-Trump (the latter would prob be bad enough), it's that those people are racist cunts.

The Giant Beastcast - Episode 70

Jeff Bakalar returns from beautiful Italia and he shares his thoughts on what's going on with all these crazy consoles. We also talk about flight sticks, Hello Games, how wet BioShock should be, and we say ciao to Battle.net.

The last 20 or so seconds of the box maker stream should be required viewing for people new to Giant Bomb.

It's like two Wookies having sex.

Vinny's slow descent into madness continues.

I'd like to thank all of you for whom this will be your last episode with us. We truly understand and wish you the best.

jgminto

This revenge discussion might be one of the most painful things Dan has said. Stop immediately applying dumb fiction logic to life.

hamchan

Another amazing moment in this ep of Shenmue. Like wow. Not being unable to skip the time does make for some good stuff eh.

Box Maker stream, so way worse.

They're gonna launch Box Maker and then Jeff goes "how about we go check out the real thing".

I hope that is indeed a joke about Box Maker and not actual Box Maker.

Nobody wants a Box Maker stream, so they should probably do a Mario Maker stream instead
I hope you're all filled with shame and regret for your terrible opinions after that glorious, glorious stream.

Top Bottom