• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

I don't think PSVR is going to be all that mind blowing.

The way I see it is, no, it won't have the capabilities of Vive or Rift, but the experience can be almost as pleasing. From what I've heard from many people, despite the resolution being lower on PSVR, something about how they engineered the device provides a pleasant experience. Also, as PSVR (by being a PS4 device) is a closed platform, PlayStation can curate polished content. Yeah, Vive and Rift may have more content, but a lot of it may end up being half-baked experience (i.e. that game Danny posted to YouTube looked awfully janky). So, PSVR won't be mind blowing most likely, but it will be a polished device I think. And if the experience is pleasant, that's all it needs. From all accounts, the headset is by far the most comfortable to wear, which would also contribute to a pleasant experience.

Also, I know I can get this via Google Cardboard, but one thing that I'm very excited to try in PSVR is 360 Video on YouTube (there still hasn't been confirmation that PSVR will support it, but I expect it to). I've been subscribing 360 video channels. Can't wait to ride 360 Roller Coasters in VR!

Dineren

Banned
Why those?

Actually I'd probably go with the air only on that list. If it is an original iPad mini I think it is pretty much an iPad 2. The iPad 2 is just too slow at this point, I've had to use them at work occasionally and it is pretty painful. The iPad 3 was the first retina iPad if I'm remembering right and is even slower than the 2 since its hardware wasn't really good enough to drive the high resolution display.

I guess it depends on your tolerance though, if you have the opportunity to use an iPad 2 and it runs well enough for you, I imagine you'll save a good bit of money going with that or the mini.

Edit: Removed iOS 10 info since apparently it can be run on the iPad 2.

Actually I'd probably go with the air only on that list. If it is an original iPad mini I think it is pretty much an iPad 2. The iPad 2 is just too slow at this point, I've had to use them at work occasionally and it is pretty painful. The iPad 3 was the first retina iPad if I'm remembering right and is even slower than the 2 since its hardware wasn't really good enough to drive the high resolution display.

I guess it depends on your tolerance though, if you have the opportunity to use an iPad 2 and it runs well enough for you, I imagine you'll save a good bit of money going with that or the mini.

Edit: Removed iOS 10 info since apparently it can be run on the iPad 2.

as an iPad 2 owner I'd say not to get that shit

Wow really? I remember listening to her on Weekend Confirmed.

Small world huh.

Yup!

mSJju28.png

Tubobutts

What if the real twist is that they have to go into the office at 5am because they're going to play all the remaining Mario Parties?

imBask

Banned
here's my UPF proposition that isn't as radical as yours

-Have at least 1 local coop game per show
-Give Dan a damn flu shot already

imBask

Banned
oh yeah, Jason shouldn't be around the baby anymore since babies create diseases. Sorry Jason, your lady is on her own now, it's for the good of this thread. Or ask Paul Ryckert to sell it on ebay, I don't know

Dineren

Banned
I still like UPF. It has exposed me to a lot of games I wouldn't have otherwise paid attention to. Granted, a lot of them are bad, but every now and then I'll see something like hackmud. It may not have been the most interesting thing to watch, but I love games like that and I would have probably never seen that anywhere else.

Tagyhag

oh yeah, Jason shouldn't be around the baby anymore since babies create diseases. Sorry Jason, your lady is on her own now, it's for the good of this thread. Or ask Paul Ryckert to sell it on ebay, I don't know

Lol, I really wish my job was as lenient as theirs when it comes to taking time off.

Feels like most of them take 2-3 weeks of sick days a year.

Except for Drew The Machine.

What if the real twist is that they have to go into the office at 5am because they're going to play all the remaining Mario Parties?

Real talk: if they somehow don't reach the conclusion that the most profitable thing to do for Extra Life in terms of donations is to marathon all of the remaining Mario Parties, I'm gonna be a little bummed. I'm perfectly cool with those parties not being premium if it's for the kids (and also done all at once because it would be an absolutely incredible trainwreck).

I still like UPF. It has exposed me to a lot of games I wouldn't have otherwise paid attention to. Granted, a lot of them are bad, but every now and then I'll see something like hackmud. It may not have been the most interesting thing to watch, but I love games like that and I would have probably never seen that anywhere else.

What if I told you that they had a feature where they could take quick looks at games like Hackmud?

With VR here, would you like to see Giant Bomb experiment with 360 video content? And if so, want would you want them to do with it? That seems like the dumb (in a good way) kind of thing Jeff would experiment with.

Tubobutts

With VR here, would you like to see Giant Bomb experiment with 360 video content? And if so, want would you want them to do with it? That seems like the dumb (in a good way) kind of thing Jeff would experiment with.
They should go with their idea of putting a 360 camera on the couch so you can see Dan mugging to the camera in VR.

Maiorum

That sounds like it would be expensive to do, and they always talk about having budget problems.

It will be interesting if Jeff reviews Driveclub VR. He really did not like Driveclub. If I recall his issues with the game were not ones that were easily fixable (which if in place during launch, would've probably made it a much better received game). I'm glad it's on the demo disc so I can try it out before I buy it. I liked Driveclub a lot (one they ironed out their myriad of issues), so I hope I'll like this new one (even if the awesome weather effects are toned down or flat out gone).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was going to say something semi-nice about PAladins but I just had a game where one of my team members was AFK the entire time and the game has NO kind of auto boot for AFK players

Hi-Rez HAS made video games before, right?

Lunar FC

I didn't think upf was that bad, but I was exhuasted and faded when I watched it so idk. I skipped that coding game section doe.

You guys made this UPF out to be the worst content in history... Not sure if it was the low expectations but I thought it was decent overall.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
On the recent bombcast, Jeff said How High is alright. He is wrong. That movie is painfully unfunny even for stoners.

However, Undercover Brother is pretty funny. Almost entirely because of Chappelle but it is what it is.

Top Bottom