• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vinny continuing to try to grab when it's not working is the closest I've gotten to angry at their playing of a kideo game.

Jintor

I gotta say rewatching the p4 endurance run highlights and I can't say I'm in love with the (english language) writing throughout the culprit reveal sequences

Also I want to photoshop Vinnys face on the album cover of Born to Run and retitle it Born to Endruance Run but I am lazy. And I dont have photoshop.

ukwrQDS.jpg

Strax

Running thru some old Bombcast and I got to one in 2011 where they call Saints Row The Third the Dan Ryckert of video games.

How true.

justjim89

hey man, Saints Row the Third is awesome
the first time through

I don't know. Every few months I reinstall it to try and see what everyone else sees but I can't get into it. It doesn't play well enough for me to stick around for all the eventual wackiness, and none of the characters or story bits are endearing enough for me to keep going.

I was actually thinking about Persona 4 today and it got me wondering: you know those dialogue choices where if you picked them it'd be like "Your Courage isn't high enough to do that"?

Are there any choices like that where it's actually impossible to have a high enough stat to choose it? Sometimes I feel like those only exist to tease you with the possibility of holding Chie's hand or whatever.

justjim89

Modded Skyrim is better than Dan.

Dan is better than Vanilla Skyrim.

if dan was modded into skyrim, he'd be a mudcrab

Jeff is Perkus Maximus

Brad is Frostfall

Drew is Realistic Needs and Diseases

Vinny is Immersive Armors

Alex is Live Another Life

Dan is the mod that turns dragons into Macho Man Randy Savage

I was actually thinking about Persona 4 today and it got me wondering: you know those dialogue choices where if you picked them it'd be like "Your Courage isn't high enough to do that"?

Are there any choices like that where it's actually impossible to have a high enough stat to choose it? Sometimes I feel like those only exist to tease you with the possibility of holding Chie's hand or whatever.
Can't think of anything like that--you can probably hit them all. Early on it just seems a lot tougher because it's hard to figure out how the system works.

Hardest check is probably that super ramen challenge, where you need maxed stats to succeed. I never got that one myself... you'd need a guide, or at least extreme dedication, to be ready for it before the game ends.

So, who's waking up to watch the Wednesday stream live? I feel bad for you West Coasters. 5 AM for a Giant Bomb stream is insane! Even for me, 8 AM is pushing it! Those on the eastern hemisphere have it nice, I guess.

So, who's waking up to watch the Wednesday stream live? I feel bad for you West Coasters. 5 AM for a Giant Bomb stream is insane! Even for me, 8 AM is pushing it! Those on the eastern hemisphere have it nice, I guess.

wait....is this stream a PlayStation VR stream? I remember hearing that the embargo for it was up on October 5th and previews are allowed. Could they technically show it then?

I'll do it because dammit, VR streams are the bomb and seeing them live is like nothing else.
wait....is this stream a PlayStation VR stream? I remember hearing that the embargo for it were up on October 5th and previews are allowed. Could they technically show it then?

One (or both?) of the previous streams was put on the schedule the same way, with a weird name and super early.

So it seems likely. NinjaEdit: Or I guess it could be for the Oculus controllers? I dunno if those have any kind of ETA though.

Jintor

When you NG+ you retain your stats i think?

The stream will be done from Jeff's bedroom following the announcement that they will also be spending Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays out of office and in fact will only be coming in for UPF each week.

Luminaire

Sure, they said West Coast is doing the stream, but the twist is that it was all in VR - It was really the East Coast doing the stream.

VR within VR.

Tagyhag

I think I heard somewhere else that the PSVR embargo was being lifted on Wednesday, October 5th too.

Can't wait, day long streams are THE BEST.

I'm afraid of the backlash if they turn out to not be amazed by PSVR.

It's going to be E3 2016 all over again.

And E3 2015.

...And 2014.

I'm sensing a pattern.

Tagyhag

Well the headset definitely won't be, they've already used 2 that are more high tech.

But the games definitely can be.

For example, I can't wait to see Jeff playing Rez live after he raved about it so much.

Really loved Beastcast 71. The talk about Palmer was harrowing. Out of the blue but what's a good refurbished iPad? Looking at getting a tablet and want a used iPad. I'm not sure if I should go 2,3, air or mini.

Dineren

Banned
Really loved Beastcast 71. The talk about Palmer was harrowing. Out of the blue but what's a good refurbished iPad? Looking at getting a tablet and want a used iPad. I'm not sure if I should go 2,3, air or mini.

I'd go with the air or the mini depending on the form factor you prefer.

Top Bottom