• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

On the recent bombcast, Jeff said How High is alright. He is wrong. That movie is painfully unfunny even for stoners.

However, Undercover Brother is pretty funny. Almost entirely because of Chappelle but it is what it is.

How High isnt terrible, but it's nowhere near as good as Jeff makes it out to be.

Chappelle is the only good part of Undercover Brother, and any movie with Chris Kattan in it can only be so good to begin with.

jaina

will GB ever review a VR game this or next year?
I don't think it's necessary at this point, but maybe Jeff will do one for Rez ∞

Sakwoff

... I found the hackmud segment totally fascinating to watch. I love this kind of stuff. Would maybe have been better as a separate video, but eh.

kiguel182

Jeff B was all "You need to separate products from the creator, who cares that your money will go directly to said creator to spend as they please?" which led to "Palmer is at the young age of 24 so his funding and participation in disgustingly racist/sexist initiatives is no big deal... but I don't excuse it!" then "Other tech reviewers not willing to look at products fronted by a racist cunt and give said cunt publicity are weird."

Basically he put me off listening to the show, especially given the Vice podcast address these concerns in a much more intelligent/enjoyable way. Alex did his best to castigate Palmer whilst maintaining a friendly atmosphere and Vinney was disappointingly complicit with Jeff whilst occasionally throwing in "It's important we don't all hate each other!". It was really disappointing given how vehemently Gerstmann spoke against Palmer earlier in the week.

This whole discussion on the beastcast was a bummer. The casual way that they talked about a dude funding a white supremacist group like he was merely supporting a normal candidate (not Trump) was disappointing.

Racism and xenophobia should not be accepted or protected under "he supports who he wants to support" or "he is just a kid!".

That conversation was a bummer.

oti

Banned
Wait, there was a new Breaking Brad? How did I miss that?

Wait, do I really wanna watch Brad play Geometry Wars for two and a half hours? The game's alright but it ain't no Mario Party.

On the recent bombcast, Jeff said How High is alright. He is wrong. That movie is painfully unfunny even for stoners.

However, Undercover Brother is pretty funny. Almost entirely because of Chappelle but it is what it is.

How High is ok. The first half is good even, but it falls apart after they run out of "the ivy".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I finally 'finished' Emily Is Away. And while it was a pretty good time and catered to my nostalgia, I did find it underwhelming compared to Digital: A Love Story. Digital's themes were before my time but I thought the writing and 'characters' in the game were much better.

Still a fun little thing though. I actually wouldn't mind another visual novel in the same format.

Jintor

I finally 'finished' Emily Is Away. And while it was a pretty good time and catered to my nostalgia, I did find it underwhelming compared to Digital: A Love Story. Digital's themes were before my time but I thought the writing and 'characters' in the game were much better.

Still a fun little thing though. I actually wouldn't mind another visual novel in the same format.

I liked Digital so much better than Analogue.

I really wonder if Ladykiller in a Bind will be any good. my friend's doing art for it lol

Dan's entire reaction to Hackmud with that soothing(fantastic) soundtrack, is great.

pfoKZ3z.gif

Hackmud looks like one of those really cool games that I'd never play.

Yessss.

Guile.gif~c200

Xater

This Sonic Boom show is terrible. I doubt I would have enjoyed this even as a kid. I always preferred stuff like the WB cartoons.

TraBuch

Banned
I just left the Giant Bomb site and heard a door closing sound effect. I tried to recreate it but I can't. Am I just hearing things? Did I hear something in my house that just really sounded like a door closing right when I left the site?

hamchan

Am I the only one who liked the Green Hill Zones in every Sonic game and then found the levels after that to be super terrible?

Xater

Watching Scrublords right now and man I can't wait until Jeff and Jason have to rank Best of Best. That game is something...

repeater

As a Nintendo kid I was intrigued by Sonic but in retrospect the fundamental design just seems flawed. On the one hand they want it to be cool to run really fast from left to right, but on the other hand they also want to put precise platforming and enemies in front of you that force you to stop dead.

Top Bottom