• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Speaking of VR, what did people think of the Oculus Touch stuff? The Touch controllers cost $200 and apparently require a third sensor (which costs $80). So, all in all, it would be $880 total. Yikes! That's $80 more than HTC Vive.

They don't require a third sensor. They come with a second sensor. Third is optional for 360 room scale but the answer is get a Vive instead if your looking to spend that much. The tracking will always be better and more convenient.

Salarians

what else can HH stand for brother
Chhf98gW4AEVEV-.jpg:large
The deep south is a great setting for games. So much to play with.
Yeah. Though thinking about it makes me want to play L4D2 again. What a good fucking game.

Salarians

Was that the one that had the amusement park? Or was that the first one? Which one had the mall? Both of those levels were awesome. I wish they'd make a new one or at least release a remaster of 1 and 2 (and maybe Portal 1 and 2) for PS4/XB1. Basically make a new Orange Box.
Both are in the second game. I have so many fond memories of The Orange Box and the L4D games.

If they made a L4D3 and did the L4D2 thing of adding in the scenarios from the previous games, I'd be in heaven. Someone call Muir.

Was that the one that had the amusement park? Or was that the first one? Which one had the mall? Both of those levels were awesome. I wish they'd make a new one or at least release a remaster of 1 and 2 (and maybe Portal 1 and 2) for PS4/XB1. Basically make a new Orange Box.

L4D2 had the amusement park, but all of L4D1's content is ported to L4D2 so if you have that on PC you have everything.

The Mafia III QL is really selling me on it. Like, I went from not giving a fuck about this games to existence to...thinking it looks pretty damn interesting.

L4D2 had the amusement park, but all of L4D1's content is ported to L4D2 so if you have that on PC you have everything.

I have both on PC. It was an awesomely cheap bundle a few years ago. Although, I did essentially repurchase them again when Valve had the Valve Complete Collection on a Steam Sale earlier this year for a mere $5.18 (though, I guess they stopped doing the thing were you could gift games you already own). I have every Valve game now, apart from that version of the Gearbox (who made the HL1 PC expansions) developed Half-Life on PS2, which has a multiplayer expansion called Half-Life: Decay. The Gearbox name and logo make a lot of sense when you realize they were originally known for working on Valve properties. I also do not have Half-Life: Uplink, which was a demo for Half-Like that features levels and areas that are not in the game and Portal: Still Alive, the stand-alone XBOX 360 version of Portal that has additional content not seen in the PC version.

Most Mafiaest game of 2016

Well, just by the Quick Look, Alex seemed to love its Styyyyyyyyyyyyyle. The soundtrack also seemed very, very solid. Speaking of best soundtrack, I kind of wish they'd split the award into two. One for best soundtracks with licensed music (like Mafia 3) and one for best original score.

Mafia 3 should be at my place by next week, weird how Gears 4 released here before Mafia 3 where I live lol. I honestly feel M3 looks refreshing. Too many open world games are copying the Ubisoft school of open world design so, I got sick of it. Mafia 3 atleast tries to do different things, I mean the heavy emphasis on the story alone sold me. I never played the second one but I did play the first one, which I also enjoyed.

This is a December type of game for me. Best played when all the heavy hitters are out and done with.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I can do one open world game every few years basically. Last one was Saints Row 3. I think Mafia 3 might be the next one, it looks real good

I can do one open world game every few years basically. Last one was Saints Row 3. I think Mafia 3 might be the next one, it looks real good

Yeah.

The presentation for the first couple hours was amazing. Probably the best I've seen in a game in well..years. The characters are also...real? The characters themselves look like they could be real people, both in a graphical and in a story sense. Like, watching what Alex and Vinny played today, I wanted to dive deeper into it.

I worked a hour extra yesterday waiting for a delivery to show up at work. It didnt come.

Get a call at 7 30 AM today saying "hey its that delivery. no one is there"

OF COURSE NO ONE IS THERE!!! ITS 7 FUCKING 30 AM!!! THE DAY AFTER YOU SAID YOU WOULD BE THERE!

Top Bottom