• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

SomberOwl

The sad thing is that game reviewers are a hundred times nicer than movie or music critics. People actually boo movies at Cannes!

Not to mention that movies have the The Razzies where they invite the people who worked on a film to accept an award for how bad their movie was.

That would be like GB sending an award to the developers of their Hottest Mess GOTY category.

Scizzy

I'm several days behind on this, but for some reason I found Jeff saying that in John Wick 2 Keanu will have two dogs to be the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They never recorded a QL for that hacking game, right? I was a bit confused during the Bombcast, because they never explained the game.

Speaking of VR, what did people think of the Oculus Touch stuff? The Touch controllers cost $200 and apparently require a third sensor (which costs $80). So, all in all, it would be $880 total. Yikes! That's $80 more than HTC Vive.

Speaking of VR, what did people think of the Oculus Touch stuff? The Touch controllers cost $200 and apparently require a third sensor (which costs $80). So, all in all, it would be $880 total. Yikes! That's $80 more than HTC Vive.

I'll still get them. The $200 price tag was only a surprise to people paying no attention for the past several months. It was all but confirmed.

You only need the third sensor for their recommended room-scale setup, but many devs say 2 works fine if you mount the sensors high. That being said, I don't look forward to routing a usb cable around my room.

Maiorum

There's never been a worse time to buy into VR.

If Sony can iron out issues with PSVR (or at least better convey ideal conditions), it really could become the preferred mass-market VR headset (if VR does ever actually become mass-market).

Catching up on UPF, why are they playing this hacking game for so god damn long? We're staring at a screen of indistinguishable colored lines.

pfoKZ3z.gif

Got the job at costco guys! Whoo!

Awesome, was hoping you would. Good to hear!

Mr. F

Banned
Catching up on the Mafia III stream and while I don't think I'm in the mood for another open world game right now, I do admire what they're trying to do with the framing of the story. Pretty neat.

I hope there's the option to turn off HUD elements for driving though, the draw distance on the rearview mirror is so poor it's distracting.

Catching up on the Mafia III stream and while I don't think I'm in the mood for another open world game right now, I do admire what they're trying to do with the framing of the story. Pretty neat.

I hope there's the option to turn off HUD elements for driving though, the draw distance on the rearview mirror is so poor it's distracting.

The rearview mirror is a window into a ps2 game

Tubobutts

Having it cost $880 is a bit on the nose don't you think?

88 is like nazi 420

that's why people were pissed about jeff's zelda review

Ah.

Edit- Wait. What... Really? The internet sometimes....

Edit 2- So what does this mean about Back to the Future's time machine and Doc Brown (whose family came from Germany and changed their names from the Von Brauns)!? Also, isn't alternate 1985 Biff is basically 1980's Trump? That's pretty, uhm, heavy.

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the Mafia stream

It's obviously just a very bad coincidence but saying that you're gonna do more damage than a huricane while on your way to go kill a bunch of Haitian is not great.

Top Bottom