• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Joeku

These Hitman videos are the best and the "best" parts of the year. Goddammit Brad, pay attention.

This game is so good.

Edit: ...Except for all that crashing.

Double edit: Nevermind, it all ended up for the best. I don't know how the fuck you two keep doing this.

Xater

Wow, that fucking Mafia 3 ending.

Man I kind of want to look that up now. Game doesn't seem to be that great. Seems like so far lots of great early impression,s but then it gets super repetitive and it's also buggy/janky. Also performance on consoles just looks horrendous. Although that might be more of a frame pacing thing according to early Digital Foundry impression, but we will see. Only consistently good thing I hear about is the story, so you comment make me extra curious.

J_Viper

I bought Last Action Hero because of Dan's endorsement of it a few Bombcasts ago

What am I in for?

I do love Arnold, I've just never seen this one

Man I kind of want to look that up now. Game doesn't seem to be that great. Seems like so far lots of great early impression,s but then it gets super repetitive and it's also buggy/janky.

this has been my experience, yeah.

the worst part of the repetition is when you attack a location as an objective and then immediately have to turn around and go back to that location and do it again for the next objective.

Salarians

Wow, that fucking Mafia 3 ending.
tumblr_mxmn7trwRO1qeuiqyo2_400.gif

I bought Last Action Hero because of Dan's endorsement of it a few Bombcasts ago

What am I in for?

I do love Arnold, I've just never seen this one

Imagine if Arnold's action hero persona was his actual every day normal life. That's basically all you need to know about the film and it goes on from there. I love it even though I feel it could have been shorter.

so do you think we can take publishers opting out of pre-release reviews in favor of "influencer" impressions on YT and Twitch as a vote of no confidence in their games from here on out

J_Viper

Imagine if Arnold's action hero persona was his actual every day normal life. That's basically all you need to know about the film and it goes on from there. I love it even though I feel it could have been shorter.

That sounds like something I'd very much enjoy

so do you think we can take publishers opting out of pre-release reviews in favor of "influencer" impressions on YT and Twitch as a vote of no confidence in their games from here on out
Seeing as how Mafia 3 is the umpteenth case of "game that isn't it sent out for review turns out poorly", I'm going with yes.

I don't know, hasn't it always been the case that lack of review copies, or very late review copies, is a bad sign? The influencer thing is weird, but I don't know what level of access they had in this case.

I picked up Virginia on PS4 after watching the Quick Look, and man, I NEVER get sick from first person games, but it just gives me a headache every time I play it for more than 5 minutes. Anyone else had these issues?

There's a scene in the frame-story Senate hearing where Ray Donovan claims that antagonist Sal Marcano was behind the Kennedy assassination, then shoots the senator who he believes was also involved.
Ha not what I expected.

It's a shame the game is so buggy and repetitive apparently as I'd like to do the story.

It is making me want to play Mafia 2 again though. That game is incredible and seriously underrated.

FStop7

Banned
There's a scene in the frame-story Senate hearing where Ray Donovan claims that antagonist Sal Marcano was behind the Kennedy assassination, then shoots the senator who he believes was also involved.

This is up there with the end of NBA 2K16 in terms of dumb.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

For some reason I read this thinking this is a spoiler for Virgina. Huh.
Mafia 3 seems like a game I'd play if it was linear. I have little love for most Open World games nowadays. Not after Witcher 3 changed what I want in an open world game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dan asking Danny for money on his twitch stream

Dan hated Patrick being a youtuber because he secretly wants to be a youtuber

BTA

There's Cook Serve Delicious stickers for iMessage now. Maybe this will make iOS 10 worth it.

EDIT:

I picked up Virginia on PS4 after watching the Quick Look, and man, I NEVER get sick from first person games, but it just gives me a headache every time I play it for more than 5 minutes. Anyone else had these issues?

I played it on my laptop, but it definitely messed with me a bit at first. I spent the first ten to twenty minutes mostly fiddling with mouse sensitivity (and moving to an actual mouse) and I do think that helped. I was basically fine after that.

Oh god. Brad totally Brading the hell out of the limo opportunity in this hitman.

Jeez.

I don't mind. My enjoyment of GB's Hitman videos goes up exponentially the worse Brad is at the game. I love watching Agent 47 go from this ultimate assassin to an incompetent assassin bumbling through his kills. I still love the videos but I miss Brad being bad at the game.

Menitta

Alright, so I just started listening to the Giant bombcast this week, and I like it, but I don't know who everyone is...It feels like when I confused Pat and Woolie when I first started with the Friendcast.

Can I have some help?

Salarians

Alright, so I just started listening to the Giant bombcast this week, and I like it, but I don't know who everyone is...It feels like when I confused Pat and Woolie when I first started with the Friendcast.

Can I have some help?
Jeff is the host with the deep voice
Brad is the poop guy
Drew is the guy trying to help the poop guy
Jason is the jaded guy who hates games
Dan is the quiet guy who likes F1

Doop

Can I have some help?

It might help to check out the video podcast. I remember having that issue for Idle Thumbs, I would mix up Nick and Jake. It wasn't until I actually saw video of them speaking that it cemented for me.

Menitta

Jeff is the host with the deep voice
Brad is the poop guy
Drew is the guy trying to help the poop guy
Jason is the jaded guy who hates games
Dan is the quiet guy who likes F1

It might help to check out the video podcast. I remember having that issue for Idle Thumbs, I would mix up Nick and Jake. It wasn't until I actually saw video of them speaking that it cemented for me.

Thank you both.

I'll definitely check out the video podcast. That'll help for sure.

Who was talking about Paper Mario? Was that Dan?

Salarians

Thank you both.

I'll definitely check out the video podcast. That'll help for sure.
Disregard me.

In reality,
Brad: hosts, deep voice, nice hair
Jeff: reads ads with Brad, played GoW
Drew: quiet, flies planes for fun
Jason: the dad, is fighting games made flesh
Dan: is the poop guy

The video podcast will definitely help differentiate their voices.

LiK

I think it's John and Justin. Can't tell them apart for the life of me. I think I have to see them on video or something.

Yea, you're not alone. A lot of guys in 8-4 threads seem to have trouble too altho I can tell them apart just fine. Pretty interesting.

kvothe

I think it's John and Justin. Can't tell them apart for the life of me. I think I have to see them on video or something.

I'm with you. I listen to a ton of different podcasts, but these two are the only guys I can't tell the difference between. Their voices are so similar.

Top Bottom