• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Xater

so do you think we can take publishers opting out of pre-release reviews in favor of "influencer" impressions on YT and Twitch as a vote of no confidence in their games from here on out

Always has been the case for me. Despite people downplaying it actually good games that did this are in the minority. Just because Doom turned out great doesn't mean it's weird that the publisher is avoiding coverage.

Oh noooooooo!

"Neat" I thought. "They're making this week's UPF essentially a podcast"

But now they're saying they're going to take calls and the thought a lone makes me want to stab myself in the ear.

Oh noooooooo!

"Neat" I thought. "They're making this week's UPF essentially a podcast"

But now they're saying they're going to take calls and the thought a lone makes me want to stab myself in the ear.

All of the calls were really good and not awkward except for a few moments but they moved through and got the callers off the line relatively quickly.

I look forward to seeing this on a future UPF segment:
bWdDPF0.jpg

Jeff confirmed to replace Mike Pence

Ken Bone confirmed to replace Jeff as Giant Bomb's new EIC.

"I might be undecided at the polls, but I can help you decide how to spend your gaming dollars in my new capacity at Giant Bomb," the beloved Internet sensation said in a statement to Vice Gaming. "And hey, unlike some people I love Yoshi's Island, but, make no mistake, it's no Kidō Senshi Z-Gundam: Hot Scramble!"

Joeku

Ken Bone confirmed to replace Jeff as Giant Bomb's new EIC.

"I might be undecided at the polls, but I can help you decide how to spend your gaming dollars in my new capacity at Giant Bomb," the beloved Internet sensation said in a statement to Vice Gaming. "And hey, unlike some people I love Yoshi's Island, but, make no mistake, it's no Kidō Senshi Z-Gundam: Hot Scramble!"

"Giant Bombcast" to be renamed "The Bone Zone" as Ken Bone is new hire.

I'm excited to play that game, should arrive to me this week. Reached act 3 in GEARS 4 and it's fantastic so far, tons of fun in co-op and everything feels great. However, insane is BRUTAL. I had to changed the difficulty at the end of Act 1 because I became too annoyed with the loading screens. Will playthrough it again on insane for sure, I beat all the gears games on insane except for Judgement.

oti

Banned
Are there many ganes with good endings that could be spoiled during GOTY this year? I can't really think of many. Mafia seems to be interesting (don't know the ending) but the juggernauts like LiS or MGSV seem to be missing this year. Maybe The Witness? NMS? Am I missing stuff?

repeater

Are there many ganes with good endings that could be spoiled during GOTY this year? I can't really think of many. Mafia seems to be interesting (don't know the ending) but the juggernauts like LiS or MGSV seem to be missing this year. Maybe The Witness? NMS? Am I missing stuff?
Gears 4

Marcus' son puts on his father's doo rag
Marcus goes out to buy a new doo rag
Zombie Dom post-credit stinger

Joeku

If you're worried about story spoilers, I'd guess Inside, Firewatch, and MAYBE Superhot.

Maiorum

Oxenfree, Firewatch, Uncharted 4, Virginia, Inside come to mind.

I think the ending is very much what you'd expect from the Idle Thumbs crew, but I think they made the mistake of having it be not remotely satisfying. You can do that type of ending better.

Joeku

I think the ending is very much what you'd expect from the Idle Thumbs crew, but I think they made the mistake of having it be not remotely satisfying. You can do that type of ending better.

Yeah, I have no problem with what the ending was going for, just the execution. I still have a lot of respect for what that game does.

Top Bottom