• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Teddified

These Google translated Summer Lesson trophies

CuckDCPUkAUQrIg.jpg:large

....Will they show it?

Johndoey

Banned
I have no expectations for Dishonored 2 but hearing Smith talk about the design is really interesting.

Maybe this one will be good.

Salarians

I watched the Paladins QL. Game looks decent but I hate the characters and the card setup/"in game shop during matches" stuff might push me away. I'll try it when it comes to PS4.

TraBuch

Banned
Watching the first few episodes of Mr Robot and I get the feeling Jeff would shit all over this. Their group is called "fsociety", Until Dawn dude refers to the big, bad corporation as "Evil Corp", drugs, cursing, evil corporate dude beats up homeless people.

So edgy.

Johndoey

Banned
Watching the first few episodes of Mr Robot and I get the feeling Jeff would shit all over this. Their group is called "fsociety", Until Dawn dude refers to the big, bad corporation as "Evil Corp", drugs, cursing, evil corporate dude beats up homeless people.

So edgy.
I'll be fair and say the show is smarter about that stuff than it would seem at first.

It's all about perception.

So edgy.

Mr. Robot is absolutely awful.

Johndoey

Banned
Season two is overall better than the first, but it lacks a focus season one had.

Also drug use is portrayed as very negatively in season one so I don't get that complaint. It's an element but certainly not glorified.

FStop7

Banned
Am I going to enjoy 1000ft Robot Golf if I don't know who the McElroys are or follow Giant Bomb E3/GDC guest twitter?

I like golf and Evangelion but I'm starting to fear this game might not be for me.

It sounds like the robot game has referential humor to video games the way Divekick has referential humor to the FGC. Not really my thing, but maybe the core game is good? I

So edgy.

FWIW, much like Fight Club, the show doesn't actually buy into its protagonists' bullshit the way it appears to. Although (again like Fight Club) a significant portion of its fanbase does.

Season 2 is also good in that it is basically about
if the end of Fight Club actually happened and it turns out it actually made everything worse because of course it would, and the protagonists have to deal with the fact that they're still desperate and lonely and mentally unstable on top of being the most wanted people in the country

But yes, Jeff would fucking hate Mr. Robot, but he would also hate any television that isn't indie sketch comedy so

hamchan

Can't blame him honestly.

TV as a medium has long since stopped appealing to me.

I'll blame him.

We've been in an extended golden age for TV for a while.

That Jeff doesn't like to watch any TV or movies speaks more to his preferences than anything about the quality of those mediums right now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Thing is, it us all about taste, and if he's like me he's probably turned off that every week regarded tv show recently had been just dramas/thrillers.

KingKong

Thing is, it us all about taste, and if he's like me he's probably turned off that every week regarded tv show recently had been just dramas/thrillers.

there have been plenty of great comedies/fun shows lately like Atlanta, Ash vs Evil Dead, Lady Dynamite, Bojack Horseman. you don't even have to look far

Top Bottom