• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

imBask

Banned
No girls allowed, this podcast is a boys club

Except for Mary, she's cool
or Danielle
or Samantha
or Jason's wife
or anyone really

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
the good news is dan can do a full playthrough with someone funny instead of drew
3AQmK.gif

Strax

I'm down for guests on the Beastcast because thats how they started and before Jeff B. joined I expected it to be that way.

But Bombcast.
Nah.

Xater

What really sucks is all these garbage ad/malware new tab redirects that are making neogaf borderline unusable on desktop

If that happens to you it's not the fault of GAF. I had those happen to me a while ago as well. I did a malware scan and a fresh Chrome install. Everything is golden again.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
If that happens to you it's not the fault of GAF. I had those happen to me a while ago as well. I did a malware scan and a fresh Chrome install. Everything is golden again.
Nah, GAF has had terrible ads for a long time. Especially on mobile.

Ublock Origin/NoScript bruh

I'll look into it

The ad report page on off-topic is filled to the brim with people who have been having this issue over the last 24 hours, this is definitely not just a problem on my end.

yeah the fact that there's been like 500 posts about this since yesterday disagree with you

the good news is dan can do a full playthrough with someone funny instead of drew
3AQmK.gif

You're the worst!

I really like Drew's insights throughout Metal Gear Scanlon, and I would love to hear what he thinks of Zelda.

Maybe he can just play one of the best ones, like Majora's Mask or Link's Awakening.

Xater

The ad report page on off-topic is filled to the brim with people who have been having this issue over the last 24 hours, this is definitely not just a problem on my end.

It's just something that happened to me before. Might be something else then, but I am not affected this time around.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Spotify has a big Gears of War banner on the front page with a very fitting 'Beat Down Your Morning' playlist right below it featuring artists such as Disturbed, Trapt, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit and more.

I'm saying if you like Gears of War, you like these bands.

Xater

Spotify has a big Gears of War banner on the front page with a very fitting 'Beat Down Your Morning' playlist right below it featuring artists such as Disturbed, Trapt, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit and more.

I'm saying if you like Gears of War, you like these bands.

I like Slipknot alright. The last Disturbed album was surprisingly decent. Not into the rest you mentioned.

TraBuch

Banned

killroy87

Out of curiosity, does anyone think No Mans Sky has any real competition for Most Disappointing this year? I considered PSVR, but that doesn't seem to be nearly on the same level as NMS

Strax

Out of curiosity, does anyone think No Mans Sky has any real competition for Most Disappointing this year? I considered PSVR, but that doesn't seem to be nearly on the same level as NMS

From what I've read in this thread NMS seems to be #3 on that list (trying to think like GB I guess) after SFV and Oculus

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is it possible for VR as a concept to win it? PSVR being incredibly shaky, Occulus being underwhelming and then being headed up by a white supremacist, and Vive, while the less evil of the three, will do nothing for the general marketplace because most people don't have the space or money for it to grow.

Strax

Steven Ogg (Trevor from GTAV) is in Westworld and is really good. I'm glad the second ep. was a big step up from the first one.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I think NMS is more of a disappointment then VR cause we pretty much knew what VR will be this year. I mean what did you expect? The games were announced and we knew what they would be. And tech wise they seem pretty happy with the Vive and OR. There just aren't a lot of reasons to buy them yet. Occulus should take "hottest mess" though.

Wish list:

More Bombcast guests
Replace UPF with a live call-in show
Lots more EX quick looks

You are the worst.
All of these wishes are the worst.

The question is really whether NMS wins Most Disappointing, Hottest Mess, or both.

I thought "Shipping Broke Ass Games" was gonna have hottest mess on lock for another year but there's been some tough competition recently.

Most bombcast guests have been great. Dont know why they didnt do it more. Espessaly back when Gamespot actually had a decent sized editorial staff.

Only 1 or 2 guests probably made the show worse. The rest have been great breaths of fresh air.

Top Bottom