• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It's all about the definition of the categories. SFV is getting regular updates and the gameplay was always fine. The launch was a mess, it took way too long to fix (still isn't in many ways) and then they even added a rootkit to the PC version...

Hello Games has been absolutely silent since its release. Last NMS tweet is from August 18th. They still have that ridiculous E3 2014 trailer as the centerpiece on their Steam page! Apparently even government agencies are looking into that one. Brad would be a big defender of it, though. He always kept his expectations in check.

Oculus and VR in general are a wildcard. I can totally see it as biggest disappointment by the end of the year if nothig mindblowingly good comes out til then.

Mr. F

Banned
People are protective of the bombcast? It's been boring more often than not for a while now, aside from when Jeff hosted recently.

Bring on all the guests possible, it needs it

oti

Banned

I always find it weird when people do this. I mean, didn't you just met and talked? Now the rest of the world needs to know hat you like spending time with the person you just spent time with? But Social Media is dumb anyway so who cares.

Here is the real question.
Biggest surprise: Hitman or Doom.
That's the real fight this year

I would put DOOM next to Red Dead Redemption: Most overratred game of the year.

Watching the Arkham Origins QL and I totally forgot this had Multiplayer.

Bacon

Replace UPF with a weekly game of Cards Against Humanity with random live call-ins offering their funniest suggestions.

Remember that bombcast where Ryan suggested cards against humanity cards and everyone else awkwardly laughed for a half an hour?

Strax

Here is the real question.
Biggest surprise: Hitman or Doom.
That's the real fight this year

While Hitman is a suprise I don't think it a big suprise. They've been making Hitman games almost none stop for 16 years now and they've all been at least ok at what try to do. The Hitman (2016) love wouldn't be this big if they had released with all the levels from the word go.

imBask

Banned
While Hitman is a suprise I don't think it a big suprise. They've been making Hitman games almost none stop for 16 years now and they've all been at least ok at what try to do. The Hitman (2016) love wouldn't be this big if they had released with all the levels from the word go.

but that's the surprise... it had everything setup to be a disaster but it somehow ended up being one of the better game this year

Mr. F

Banned

I think Hitman being a surprise is helped by the fact they switched to the episodic format at the 11th hour (and the subsequent meltdowns due to that).

Johndoey

Banned
I think Doom being legitimately fantastic is the bigger surprise of the year. The Hitman issue was that the release schedule might've been borked.

But Luckey being in bed with white supremacists is the actual biggest surprise of the year.

Johndoey

Banned
So, Danny became a youtuber, huh
Please look forward to his upcoming Five nights at Freddy's theory videos.

--
Doom is a lock for best music though.

🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸

justjim89

Just rolled credits on Oxenfree. Man, what a great game. Definitely in the 10 best of the year. Hell of a story. I know they talked about on the Beastcast when it came out, but I'm gonna have to re-listen to their thoughts on it.

Maiorum

Just rolled credits on Oxenfree. Man, what a great game. Definitely in the 10 best of the year. Hell of a story. I know they talked about on the Beastcast when it came out, but I'm gonna have to re-listen to their thoughts on it.

That's probably what I'm going to play next. I hear there are multiple endings?

justjim89

That's probably what I'm going to play next. I hear there are multiple endings?

Yep, it seems like that kinda game. It's great. A sidescrolling walking simulator with a lot of Life is Strange mixed in. But the dialogue for the teens is a lot more naturalistic than LiS.

Top Bottom