• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

TraBuch

Banned
He's the worst at actually showing off games. He's usually so worried about messing anything up that he never does anything interesting unless someone else is pressing him to do it. He also has this habit of just sitting there and playing with the camera while explaining something. I like Brad, but QLs led by him usually aren't a great watch.

Salarians

i've never seen, or heard of Rez before Infinite was announced

AMA
2391208-why_am_i_playing_as_a_fetus.png

Mr. F

Banned
Jeff clearly felt like shit the rest of the stream last week after Batman VR.

It's been mentioned previously but yeah, even discounting different tolerances VR sickness stays with you a while. cold sweats and a pit in your stomach that takes its time going away. Definitely felt for Jeff during the stream, I'd be in rough shape going back in after that

FStop7

Banned
Wait there's a movie? 😱
I have to watch that.

I'm only 26.

Westworld was created by Michael Crichton, btw.

The original film and Jurassic Park share a lot of traits.

And as salty as James Cameron gets over everyone ripping off his ideas from Aliens the fact is he's no better considering the Terminator is a straight jack of Yul Brynner in Westworld.

In my VR class the professor mentioned that they have to take Dramamine before grading the students' final projects each semester and it was hard to tell if they were joking or not

oti

Banned
Dragon Quest Builders looks great.

I liked the demo just fine but the music was terrible. But it's a podcast or Spotify gane anyway so that works out alright.

Westworld was created by Michael Crichton, btw.

The original film and Jurassic Park share a lot of traits.

And as salty as James Cameron gets over everyone ripping off his ideas from Aliens the fact is he's no better considering the Terminator is a straight jack of Yul Brynner in Westworld.

I don't really watch movies and have no "basic knowledge" of them. Last year I watched the first two Star Wars movies and Terminator 2 for the first time. I should watch Alien at some point. And Citizen Kane. Maybe.

TraBuch

Banned
I liked the demo just fine but the music was terrible. But it's a podcast or Spotify gane anyway so that works out alright.

I don't really watch movies and have no "basic knowledge" of them. Last year I watched the first two Star Wars movies and Terminator 2 for the first time. I should watch Alien at some point. And Citizen Kane. Maybe.
What the fuck at calling Dragon Quest music terrible. The music is consistently one of the best parts of those games.

FStop7

Banned
Have you ever had a dream where you're trying to dial a phone and you keep fucking up and misdialing over and over? Or you have a book or a magazine but the words keep changing each time you try to read it and they don't make any sense?

That is what it feels like taking Ls on sneaker/clothing drops every week.

LMAO I totally posted this in the wrong thread. Fail, indeed.

robotrock

Banned
The loop was too short and that particular piece just too grandiose for the tutorial lol.
Music was like half of the charm for me lol

Have you ever had a dream where you're trying to dial a phone and you keep fucking up and misdialing over and over? Or you have a book or a magazine but the words keep changing each time you try to read it and they don't make any sense?

That is what it feels like taking Ls on sneaker/clothing drops every week.

I tried to buy Yeezys once and it was the worst experience of my life. Never again.

Fucking Christ these guys talking about their eye experiences is awful. I have always had that "phobia" they talked about and god my eyes were watering just listening to them talk about that stuff.

chogidogs

This week is a bad week to an impulsive buyer. I almost got Mafia III on the way home today and I kind of want to play Dragon Quest Builders. Also I kind of want a PSVR.

I may have to stop reading stuff and just grind for that Mercy witch costume.

OR I COULD "BUY" IT.

I read from the OT that if I was gonna buy some chests, I should do it as the event ends. I know RNG Jesus can be harsh but I wouldn't put it past Blizzard.

yea may as well see if you can earn it first... I want that skin a lot as well. I got lucky last night and got the Ana halloween skin, so that was cool. Really want the Mercy and Reaper skins though. Also got a legendary and was excited... but it was Reaper sombrero that I already own lol :(

To me, GameSpot is like a small-market sports team. When their top talent gets super popular or show their talents are indeed top-notch, they never seem to be able to retain them and let them go via "free agency" and therefore need to hire young talent to replace their previous top talent. GameSpot will be fine. Other than a few examples, they've never really been a personality based website. So, bringing in younger, cheaper talent won't change much for them. For the most part, the content output will be the same. I'd guess the majority of the site's audience doesn't know employee from employee and just goes to see content (even if it doesn't have a "face" attached to it).

Top Bottom