• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

repeater

Jesus Christ, those follow-up pepper spray emails and discussions.
I've done exactly the same mistake with contacts that Drew told a story about. I've lived a pretty sheltered life for sure, but that was by far the most panicked I've ever been as I wildly clawed to get that fucker out of my eye.

oti

Banned
Will Smith gave a very honest assessment of the state of VR on this week's Bombcast.

Is his VR podcast thing still a thing? Haven't heard or seen anything about it since they showed it during the Vive stream.

The PSVR stream is on the schedule! This time it's 10:00 AM their time instead of the crazy 5:00 AM for them last week.

That's 07:00 PM over here. Perfect time!

Is his VR podcast thing still a thing? Haven't heard or seen anything about it since they showed it during the Vive stream.

The FOO Show? It's not really a podcast thing, and no they haven't put out a piece of content since its launch. Worth noting that what they looked at during the Vive stream was not the actual show, it was the company's internal "recording" framework. The actual FOO Show is an interview show that takes place in those VR environments.

oti

Banned
The FOO Show? It's not really a podcast thing, and no they haven't put out a piece of content since its launch. Worth noting that what they looked at during the Vive stream was not the actual show, it was the company's internal "recording" framework. The actual FOO Show is an interview show that takes place in those VR environments.

We'll see how that goes.

I wonder if they stream on this new platform again. That shit was dope and had minimal delay. Forgot the name though.

Beam. It's amazing.

How much did he get?

Not sure. I'm guessing a lot. The terms, as far as I know, are still undisclosed.

That is indeed crazy and a crazy good get for MS. The quality was stellar.

Going by Jeff's stream a few weeks ago, it seemed to be better than Twitch (in my opinion).

Microsoft bought Beam? Then they should probably try and integrate it on the Xbox.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/11/microsoft-acquires-beam-interactive-game-livestreaming-service/

oti

Banned
Microsoft bought Beam? Then they should probably try and integrate it on the Xbox.

They defintely should. But I hope they take things slow for now. Still a young team, small platform, it needs to grow naturally. And GB should stream everything on Beam, I will never use YouTube again if that first PSVR stream was indicative for the general quality. Night and day.

Beam is so good. If they increase the stream delay, however, it becomes useless to me. I'm afraid they'll end up doing that for the same reasons YouTube and Twitch do.

oti

Banned
Beam is so good. If they increase the stream delay, however, it becomes useless to me. I'm afraid they'll end up doing that for the same reasons YouTube and Twitch do.

That's understandable from a technical and financial point of view but immediate streamer-viewer interaction is Beam's USP. If that's gone I don't know why they'd exist. They don't have the community to be "just another" streaming service.

Xater

They defintely should. But I hope they take things slow for now. Still a young team, small platform, it needs to grow naturally. And GB should stream everything on Beam, I will never use YouTube again if that first PSVR stream was indicative for the general quality. Night and day.

It seems like Jeff likes it as well and I guess streams will continue there. I like it as well and would probably watch there over YouTube or even Twitch.

Just thought that integrating it into Xbox would be cool especially considering the participation possibilities. MS could potentially even build modes or games around that. Seems exciting to me.

That's understandable from a technical and financial point of view but immediate streamer-viewer interaction is Beam's USP. If that's gone I don't know why they'd exist. They don't have the community to be "just another" streaming service.

Sure, but if they keep getting complaints (or worse) from rights holders because they aren't scanning for and muting copyrighted content it could be an issue.

oti

Banned
It seems like Jeff likes it as well and I guess streams will continue there. I like it as well and would probably watch there over YouTube or even Twitch.

Just thought that integrating it into Xbox would be cool especially considering the participation possibilities. MS could potentially even build modes or games around that. Seems exciting to me.

It would be super cool. They could also release that F2P Viva Piñata and integrate Beam. Could be quite neat.

kiguel182

I'm not sure as I feel the series may be diving way deeper into the world and offer alot more depth since it's a TV show, it could spoil a specific part of it? I don't know as I'm not intending to watch it until it finishes entirely(I'm hoping they don't make more seasons but they could easily do that)

They have 5 seasons of Westworld planned.

jbug617

Banned
At the beginning of this gen, who would of thought this pic was real.

Cumkv0-UEAQUa9q.jpg

Top Bottom