• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

The commentary for sure but the game sounds great. With how Duke sounds though it depends if you leave it at the legacy option or what I assume is the same old lines but re-recorded or increased in quality.

Listen to when a gas can blows up, because it sounds like shit.

Randy Pitchford should not be allowed to make video games anymore

no dude, you don't understand

pig cops are relevant again because of cops shooting people

Listen to when a gas can blows up, because it sounds like shit.

I think the Megaton edition sounds better if we were to compare it to this release? This sounds like the old files weren't shown some love because they sound exactly like when I played it back in the day which is why I didn't find a problem with the sound. However, the commentary I found a problem with because it's inconsistent, some of the guys sound near a mic and some sound far like they were skyped in or something which is why there should have been a subtitles option.

I just wish this had all the expansions because I would easily recommend it but as it stands now, I don't know if it's worth 20$ but I enjoyed the developer commentary and especially the new episode, it definitely isn't an after thought.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I have never eaten a hotdog in my life. I have eaten lots of Bosnas though which seem to be the German/Austrian version of hotdogs.

I have never eaten a hotdog in my life. I have eaten lots of Bosnas though which seem to be the German/Austrian version of hotdogs.

FW57bIA.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
When did FPS games start having separate multiplayer maps instead of just reusing the single player maps?
A few games like Quake did it, but the real breaking point was when dedicated multiplayer shooters were the hottest thing. I don't think singleplayer maps were used after that.

Never heard of that in my life in Germany.

do you really trust current Rockstar with a new Bully
Wait, why not?

Mr. F

Banned
I like Jeff and Brad's writing, but realistically mostly they write how they talk (except for Dan whose writing I just don't like at all)

I enjoy Brad and Alex's writing, it's a shame Brad doesn't have an excuse to do it as much lately.

Dan's writing reads like a a grab bag of short, stream of consciousness sentences that's kind of unpleasant. Paper Mario was the first review of his I'd read in a while and yeesh. It feels more utilitarian which is fine, but not really my style I guess.

Meguro

Banned
GTA 3, VC, SA, 4, 5
RDR
Bully
Max Payne 3
Manhunt

All range from really good to some of the best games ever made.

LA Noire was shite but they just published that.

The only game I managed to finish on that list was Max Payne 3 and I didn't like it very much at all.
I'd argue the best game Rockstar has ever made was that tabletennis game for 360.

I think it was Job Simulator.

I will never, ever understand the guidelines for which games can have a platinum and which games can't. Job Simulator has to be in the running for the quickest and easiest platinum out there - though I suppose also the most expensive - but meatier stuff like Fez winds up not having one.

Red Dead getting a sequel before Bully is pure disgust.

Seeing that this morning actually reminded me that I need to play Bully, I pretty much forgot that I picked it up on one of the recent PS4 flash sales. I think I'm in the mood for that kind of game right now.

Isn't Paris Games Week in a few weeks. I wonder if Red Dead 3 show up there. If those rumors (probably just unfounded speculation) of the game's canceled appearance at Sony's E3 press conference were true, perhaps it'll show up at Sony's conference (I assume they're doing one again) at Paris Games Week. Also, Read Dead Revolver just released last week on PS4 as a PS2 classic.

oti

Banned
Isn't Paris Games Week in a few weeks. I wonder if it'll show up there. If those rumors (probably just unfounded speculation) of the game's canceled appearance at Sony's E3 press conference were true, perhaps it'll show up at Sony's conference (I assume they're doing one again) at Paris Games Week.

They're not.

Top Bottom