• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

I think the Megaton edition sounds better if we were to compare it to this release? This sounds like the old files weren't shown some love because they sound exactly like when I played it back in the day which is why I didn't find a problem with the sound. However, the commentary I found a problem with because it's inconsistent, some of the guys sound near a mic and some sound far like they were skyped in or something which is why there should have been a subtitles option.

I just wish this had all the expansions because I would easily recommend it but as it stands now, I don't know if it's worth 20$ but I enjoyed the developer commentary and especially the new episode, it definitely isn't an after thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wprYhnLlImg
Compared to the original and Megaton releases, World Tour's SFX sound extremely muffled

justjim89

The only game I managed to finish on that list was Max Payne 3 and I didn't like it very much at all.
I'd argue the best game Rockstar has ever made was that tabletennis game for 360.

I'm with you. I really enjoyed Max Payne 3, but nothing else Rockstar has done has ever grabbed me. Especially GTA, I've kinda always hated it.

My social media is full of people excited for Red Dead 2 and I am like...

L99k6_s-200x150.gif

I honestly wouldn't mind a remake of Red Dead 1

It's just not gonna get any better without the Benzzzzz

Red Dead Revolver is such a game of its era. I think its best left in the history books.

And yeah. Post Benz rockstar will be interesting to see. He seems like the guy who was keeping the Housers on some kind of a track.

People in gaming are hoping maybe they are pulling a Fallout 4 and the game will be out in 6 months and I am all LOL... this this is announcing for holiday 2017 and will eventually be delayed into 2018.

Red Dead Revolver is such a game of its era. I think its best left in the history books.

And yeah. Post Benz rockstar will be interesting to see. He seems like the guy who was keeping the Housers on some kind of a track.

People in gaming are hoping maybe they are pulling a Fallout 4 and the game will be out in 6 months and I am all LOL... this this is announcing for holiday 2017 and will eventually be delayed into 2018.

Oh I meant a Red Dead remake of Redemption....the only one people care about >_>

FStop7

Banned
Also, Dan's right. The robots look stupid and the sci-fi stuff in Call of Duty is lame as hell.

Agreed.

I'm shocked by how much IW looks like Black Ops 3. I can't really tell them apart. And fuck that big dumb looking robot with the dumb wedge shaped head.

Just watching the RIGS gameplay from the VR stream and it seems Jeff doesn't realise you can double jump.

Had my first proper go on PSVR today and this game was my favorite by far.

FStop7

Banned
Randy Pitchford should not be allowed to make video games anymore

Pitchford, David Jaffe, and Derek Smart should be banished to some sort of video game Phantom Zone where they think their shitty ideas are still being broadcast to the world but they're actually imprisoned in a pocket universe filled with illusions to keep them occupied.

Mr. F

Banned

I already found GTA V's writing to be kind of eye rolling in spots, curious if Housers will go full Kojima levels of self-indulgence without Benz to reign them in (if that was indeed a function of his role there).

oti

Banned

L99k6_s-200x150.gif

Kinda crazy how the tweet exploded. I knew RDR was beloved but THAT popular? Great for them. 😄
I'm not really a fan of the Wild West setting but I'm hoping for a great game.

Meneses

RDR was one of the best games ever so i'm hyped for another one, as long as it has nothing to do with that supposed (maybe fake) leak from some time ago that said it was mostly multiplayer based or something.

Volotaire

Kinda crazy how the tweet exploded. I knew RDR was beloved but THAT popular? Great for them. ��
I'm not really a fan of the Wild West setting but I'm hoping for a great game.

It sold 14 million units as of August 2015 (according to Wikipedia - source to IGN and Take-Two results). This places it in the Fallout 3 arena which sold about 13 million. It's a large franchise that has a lot of revenue potential, especially with new avenues of micro-transactions, online distribution and a higher penetration of social media. It also has the benefit of an additional platform, the PC, which could net it an additional 2-3 M units. GTA 5 on PC has sold 5.5M units according to SteamSpy.

Moreover, they can exploit RDR 1 with a re-release.

Oh man, Danny's first documentary couldn't be more perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wprYhnLlImg
Compared to the original and Megaton releases, World Tour's SFX sound extremely muffled

Honestly, on my home theater setup I couldn't distinguish the difference between it and the original release(guess my ears suck) but I could easily pick up the difference between it and the Megaton release.

I might pass on the new Duke Nukem stuff after watching the Quicklook.

I don't blame you, for the 398784789435 re-release... they should have done way more and at the very least include all the expansions. Maybe they will, maybe they won't who knows. The strongest thing about it is the new episode but you could beat it easily in under 2-1:30 hours give or take.

Gun was awful even at the time. I wonder how recently Jeff held his copy.

I got that game on PS2 and Xbox 360 lol. I'm a sucker for spaghetti western games. We should have more. More people should play the very underrated DARKWATCH. I even enjoyed Red Dead Revolver and if we go even way back, RISING ZAN.

L99k6_s-200x150.gif

I am mostly surprised in how people are into that game but not western/spaghetti western movies. As for me, RDR was pretty much a dream so I can't wait for more from Rockstar.

Top Bottom