• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

I wish one of the duders would play through Lucky's Tale. I recently picked it back up and realized it's a great platformer. I have no expectation it would make The List, but it's worth a mention in a couple of categories.

g2SmTRC.gif

SomberOwl

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I think I'd rather have a new IP from Rockstar rather than a new Red Dead game. Especially if said game is a prequel like some of the leaks suggested it might be.

Anyone else?

oti

Banned
This is probably an unpopular opinion but I think I'd rather have a new IP from Rockstar rather than a new Red Dead game. Especially if said game is a prequel like some of the leaks suggested it might be.

Anyone else?

I'd rather see anything other than a Western game tbh. New Bully, new GTA, new Table Tennis.

strafer

Pitchford, David Jaffe, and Derek Smart should be banished to some sort of video game Phantom Zone where they think their shitty ideas are still being broadcast to the world but they're actually imprisoned in a pocket universe filled with illusions to keep them occupied.

David Jaffe? Fuck no man, he's responsible for creating God of War, can't be mad at him for that.

bomma_man

Anyone else?

I mean, how could be anything but a prequel? It's set right at the end of the western era.

Also, westerns >>>>>>>>sci fi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fantasy

Let me tell you about Agent

From what little we know about that game, I think they said it would've been set in the 1970's. Personally, for me, if someone is doing an open world espionage game, I think I'd rather have it be modern day (with all the cyber-tech available) or in World War 2, with OSS stuff. The espionage stuff in the early Medal of Honor games was always some of my favorite things about those games (i.e. wearing a Nazi outfit to infiltrate a facility).

Zaph

Drawn to Death is still in development.

Drawn to Death is still. In. Development.

Just let that sink in. I swear Jaffe must know where the bodies are buried at Sony.

Just let that sink in. I swear Jaffe must know where the bodies are buried at Sony.

It seems to have a decent following. I played once in the beta. It played quite well, but it just did not draw (pun not intended) me in at all. I'm glad there are people that find enjoyment in it. As it's free to play, I'll probably give it another look at it once it officially is released (if that's even a thing anymore with free to play games). The one thing I thought that was really neat about the game was the main menu, which was sort of an interactive FMV (it terms of look controls). I don't know how they pulled it off so seamlessly. I kind of wish someone built a full game out of that mechanic.

Didnt Sony end a press conference with the Drawn to Death announcement?

I remember when Twisted Metal ended a E3 and I laughed. I guess maybe the upper brass at Sony really like Jaffe or something since he has basically been with PlayStaiton since Day 1 so they toss him some money and resources to keep him around.

His recent stuff seems pretty low budget and he hasnt really made any "bad" games so sure. Keep him around. At worst I would say his post God of War stuff has been boring.

I remember when Twisted Metal ended a E3 and I laughed. I guess maybe the upper brass at Sony really like Jaffe or something since he has basically been with PlayStaiton since Day 1 so they toss him some money and resources to keep him around.

It ended PSX 2014. PSX 2015 ended with Paragon. Both endings were sort of looked at as "Why are you ending with this?". Crazy that Paragon come out before Drawn to Death.

daveo42

Banned

That was PSX I think. His new game looks like it could be good and the art style itself looks great, but do we need another class-based area shooter? Still sad about that last Twisted Metal game after Black was sooooooo good.

Gears of War 4's card packs are beyond the pale.

$5 for one pack... My goodness. It makes the League of Legends skin pricing look like a good deal.

I want to hear Jeff's thoughts on the new Call of Duty. The Infinite Warfare beta is dire. At worst, I felt every CoD since 3 has been fine. And I was sort of interested in Infinite Warfare's campaign.

ArjanN

Anyone else?

Honestly I'd probably be more excited about them putting out RDR on PC.

It ended PSX 2014. PSX 2015 ended with Paragon. Both endings were sort of looked at as "Why are you ending with this?". Crazy that Paragon come out before Drawn to Death.

Most of the time they probably don't exactly have a huge amount of options for games to show that will play well during a conference and are in a showable state.

Strax

Since when is it a shock that a game is still in development not even 2 years after its been announced? I can understand not liking him or his games but he's made 5-6 games that have all sold more then most games ever do.

Since when is it a shock that a game is still in development not even 2 years after its been announced? I can understand not liking him or his games but he's made 5-6 games that have all sold more then most games ever do.

I wish they'd bring back Calling All Cars. That was such a good game. I bet if they brought i back, it'd be a hit in a way Rocket League was in comparison to the failure of Super-Sonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars. Calling All Cars released early-mid 2007 when PS3 was struggling mightily and PSN was in its roughest form. At least the game included offline split-screen and bots, otherwise the game would be unplayable now.

Most of the time they probably don't exactly have a huge amount of options for games to show that will play well during a conference and are in a showable state.

Oh, yeah. Totally. Though, I recall people saying they should've (at least at PSX 2015) showed off Drawn to Death earlier and saved Street Fighter V as the closer (even though that leaked prior, if I recall). With PSX 2016, I don't recall any sort of super huge announcement. I don't think any other of the games announced that day were "conference closers", so Paragon was really the only way to go. Though, I remember hearing rumors that Kojima was supposed to be the closer. But just like the rumors of Red Dead 3 being axed at the last minute at Sony's E3 conference, I bet it was just rampant speculation. Yet, it was just weeks (months?) later that Sony did that video announcing their partnership with Kojima, so who knows?

Finally making my way through a decent chunk of the PSVR Stream, lots of hilarious moments from the guys making fun of the crazy animations in some of these games ha

Has anyone tried World War Toons in VR on PSVR? I tried out the practice mode and the VR is pretty well done. There are several control schemes, but the two I tried out were the default VR comfort (in which you use L1 and R1 to turn a degree left or right) and the standard FPS scheme, using the right stick to turn. I found the latter fine. I didn't get dizzy (except for very few moments). Basically, I found if I feather the stick and use my head for the quicker look control, it's great. I must say, the sensation of falling (or jumping) from heights is amazing. I feel like a super hero or something. Also, dying is so bizarre. You begin ascending to heaven, but you only go so high before it cuts to the class selection area, which are all angels (so I guess that's heaven?). Pretty neat for a free-to-play game (it's in beta testing right now).

SomberOwl

I mean, how could be anything but a prequel? It's set right at the end of the western era.

Also, westerns >>>>>>>>sci fi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fantasy

It could be a modern western. I mean Red Dead doesn't really have to be a traditional western. They could make a contemporary game with the Red Dead name. Maybe set on the US - Mexico border and have it revolve around drug trafficking. I don't know just spit balling.

It could be a modern western. I mean Red Dead doesn't really have to be a traditional western. They could make a contemporary game with the Red Dead name. Maybe set on the US - Mexico border and have it revolve around drug trafficking. I don't know just spit balling.

And make it so you drive cars instead of horses, they could call it Grand Theft Auto!

Top Bottom