• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Is this a real endurance run where we're getting several episodes a week or just a rebranded version of the features they're been running forever?

jbug617

Banned
Dan left SF for NY food. That will be the only way he will kick his Taco Bell habit.

They were never in my bad graces, but I found the panel to be lame other than the excitement over whatever Jeff and Brad saw. Hopefully they will be able to say soon.

my guess a VR game

That's pretty awesome.

I missed the panel, so I'm wondering if they addressed whether they're going to keep doing ERs even after Shenmue is finished. If so, then that's pretty much what the popular youtube groups do: long-running LPs everyday as the main content with one-off game videos and other features sprinkled throughout the week.

That's pretty awesome.

I missed the panel, so I'm wondering if they addressed whether they're going to keep doing ERs even after Shenmue is finished. If so, then that's pretty much what the popular youtube groups do: long-running LPs everyday as the main content with one-off game videos and other features sprinkled throughout the week.

Jeff essentially said Shenmue 2 is next once Dan moves to NY in the Winter. Nothing else was elaborated on.

As far as I'm concerned the defining feature of an Endurance Run is that it be a weird Japanese game set in a small town where the mood swings from goofy to oddly self-serious. So this seems like a solid pick.

So, they recorded this ER when Dan was there and did all the other stuff too? Dan really is the hardest working man in video games.

Jintor

oh right bionic is his gaf name

so dan perma moving huh. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah west is gonna take a content hit... they desperately need new talent on that side of the coast.

Guess the plan was rotate in Dan for Austin and hire up on the east coast... hope that comes to fruition soon because that side desperately needs someone high energy

LiK

who will be the next person destined for greatness with the GB crew? i feel bad for them because Dan is a tough position to fill.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so jeff and brad are going to wave dan away and then slowly turn to look at the empty coming soon docket

and realize what they've done to themselves

Jintor

this isn't strictly related but i wanted to say some people were ragging on austin because they didn't want politics in their video games and i was thinking about how nice it must be to be able to be blind to the ideas and concepts that permeate every inch of reality

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
I just hate the fact that I've been conditioned to think that whenever there's something to be announced regarding Giantbomb I automatically assume it's inherently negative - like someone leaving. It's nerve-racking.

LiK

man, i wonder how many parts Shenmue ER will take. a full playthrough already. i forget how long the game was.

FStop7

Banned
Congrats Dan, it definitely seems like NYC is a better fit for what he enjoys. I still think he will someday end up at the WWE and this brings him much closer to their HQ.

Top Bottom