• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Can't believe Alex couldn't recognize himself when they got Espio from the capsule machine.

Edit: Wait. Was Alex Charmy? I think Dan is a better Charmy and Alex a better Espio.

Shenmue ER means Persona 5 ER is possible too right?

(Not to continue too far down this road, but) Did the P4 run do well for them numbers-wise? Clearly it's popular, but I can't tell if that's just the case amongst the existing fanbase or if it was actually wider. I've always been curious if a P5 run would get too many potential clicks to ignore, or if it'd get standard enough numbers that it wouldn't offset the distaste of people being kind of dicks about it.

After watching that anime prequel earlier today I'm having to really hold myself back from importing the game, as I know hardly any Japanese beyond basic menu navigation and "where is the library?"

You start whining again.

We read your posts!

I know I've been laying it on pretty thick lately, but this past month hasn't exactly been stellar for the West. Now that we've gotten a month of what it'd be like without Dan, I'm legitimately a little concerned about the future of the West Coast's output and not just "haha RIP West Coast" about it. That's of course barring the race to the bottom with Mario Party Party. That's going to be amazing no matter what.

The new hire is going to be crucial.

I wonder if fanboy reactions will be worse than Chrono Trigger.

Dan got death threats for not liking Yakuza, so we're lucky he at least likes Shenmue.

I wonder how much of this ER is going to be them playing dope ass AM2 arcade games.

(Not to continue too far down this road, but) Did the P4 run do well for them numbers-wise? Clearly it's popular, but I can't tell if that's just the case amongst the existing fanbase or if it was actually wider. I've always been curious if a P5 run would get too many potential clicks to ignore, or if it'd get standard enough numbers that it wouldn't offset the distaste of people being kind of dicks about it.

After watching that anime prequel earlier today I'm having to really hold myself back from importing the game, as I know hardly any Japanese beyond basic menu navigation and "where is the library?"

Its hard to tell how well the P4 ER did now since it was originally done before the site was uploading everything to youtube

It didnt get put up until years after the fact in 2011.

Even with that gap though it has decent views. Just skimming through it now and while the big episodes like at the start and the end have over 100k views your average P4 ER view has about as many views as a average quick look. (around 20k-30k) with random spikes closer to 40k and 50k

Thats pretty good.

I just dont see them committing to Over 100 hours and 6 months of daily videos again. The

P4 run was a magical dumb thing. You cant recapture that.

Lunar FC

GB should be embarrassed to be associated with these Cards Against Humanity folks. This panel is a joke, but I can't stop hate watching it.

Jintor

hey man whatever it's gonna be a good push to improve maybe

GB should be embarrassed to be associated with these Cards Against Humanity folks. This panel is a joke, but I can't stop hate watching it.

I thought it was fine. I do think CAH used to be much fresher and more entertaining. Personally, I feel that the recent Jackbox games have beaten CAH at their own game. Speaking of which, they've been slowly revealing the games of JBPP3 over the past month or so and some of them look real weird (in a good way). So you know there will be a Jackbox themed UPF in our future.

ER really starts to find its groove about 20-25 minutes in and then doesn't let up. This is going to be so good. Perfect choice of game.

Lunar FC

I thought it was fine. I do think CAH used to be much fresher and more entertaining. Personally, I feel that the recent Jackbox games have beaten CAH at their own game. Speaking of which, they've been revealing the games of JBPP3 and some of them look real weird (in a good way).

Note that no GB folks have showed up yet.

I can enjoy me playing some CAH every once in awhile. But rude humor isn't my shit, and Max Tamkin seems like a guy i'd get in a bar fight with given the opportunity.
Never been in a fight in my life.

I swear I remember Jeff joking about fans "berating" them about doing Shenmu for an endurance run several PAX's ago... I wonder if it was an easy choice to go with Shenmu for the ER game this time.

bigkrev

Please tell me at some point in the run they figure out you need to use the look view to open drawers and stuff. This is going to drive me crazy

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Was half-expecting the Dan news. A lot of the videos he has done during his East coast visit have felt almost like he was auditioning to be the new part of the trio.

He and Vinny has always been a wonderful, if underused, combination. Glad it will be a permanent team up.

Megasoum

Banned
LMAO at Vinny finding the capsule machine.

Yeah this ER is gonna be great.

When was it announced Dan will be going full GBEast?

I've been on vacation so missed a lot over the last several days!

During the PAX panel. Dan's going to be in SF until the Winter, at which point he'll be at the East office permanently.

the farewell stream should just be them going through the demo discs they have left

yes, all of them

Top Bottom