• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Megasoum

Banned
Definitely excited for the first noclip subject. Seems like a perfect first doc.

Yeah, I can't say I'm a huge fan of that subject myself personally (especially since I have a bit of an history with that company) but it is a perfect fit for Danny and hopeully this will produce great documentaries.

Who is Danny??

tumblr_ocvtoksvjF1u5eu8ao1_400.gif

Ex-Gamespot. Friend of the site. Documentary maker extraordinaire

hamchan

Really? You're not going to tell us what the first Danny doco subject is because paywalls? This really is a microtransaction hell.

Really? You're not going to tell us what the first Danny doco subject is because paywalls? This really is a microtransaction hell.

Danny said in the announcement video that was hoping backers would keep it a secret until the he shares with all at a later date.... although he also wondered if that was possible for people to do nowadays.

It looks like no one blurted it out yet, so I guess I will keep quiet too. I am not going to be the one.

He has posted enough Twitter hints to make a solid guess though.

Danny said in the announcement video that was hoping backers would keep it a secret until the he shares with all at a later date.... although he also wondered if that was possible for people to do nowadays.

It looks like no one blurted it out yet, so I guess I will keep quiet too. I am not going to be the one.

He has posted enough Twitter hints to make a solid guess though.
I think I get you.

Kept us waiting, huh?

(This isn't any kind of in-joke in case anyone is wondering. I haven't actually Patreon'd Danny yet. Just a shot in the dark.)

Ok I'm going to list companies that I think will be Danny's first:

Blizzard

Actually you know what it's actually Jonathon Blows company, I bet. Shot in the dark. Someone mentioned they hated that company so it's probably them. Them or the Tacoma people

edit:WAIT MEGASOUM

IT'S SQUARE ENIX ISN'T IT

IT'S HITMAN

Ok I'm going to list companies that I think will be Danny's first:

Blizzard

Actually you know what it's actually Jonathon Blows company, I bet. Shot in the dark. Someone mentioned they hated that company so it's probably them. Them or the Tacoma people

edit:WAIT MEGASOUM

IT'S SQUARE ENIX ISN'T IT

IT'S HITMAN

Keep your expectations in check. He's going to announce it to everyone tomorrow(today?) so, not long enough for the wait now!

Okay I cannot take it anymore. Danny is filming a
Farming Simulator 2017
documentary. He had a urge to explore his rural irish roots. Sorry to ruin the surprise. It'll be a proper culchie doc!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
San Diego according to his Twitter. The few guesses are kinda too big for his first doc, maybe!?
edit:
Oh, Psyonix...

if I already know what the doc actually is and I'm not a backer does that make me a pirate
Yes, you have go to crowdfunding jail. It's almost done being built, I swear.

Jintor

Watching the GB endurance run and I can't believe I never realised before that in P4
they just straight up imply you bone whoever you bring over on Christmas Eve

besides the guys, I think.

demidar

Watching the GB endurance run and I can't believe I never realised before that in P4
they just straight up imply you bone whoever you bring over on Christmas Eve

besides the guys, I think.

there was a party in teddy's costume but the game faded away before it got to that part.

yosuke didn't really like it but charlie was down to clown.

Nice, looks like BF1 is reviewing extremely well. Good to know! Excited to get it later this week. (I still haven't played Mafia III but will start soon)

Also campaign is being praised, WTH?

Nice, looks like BF1 is reviewing extremely well. Good to know! Excited to get it later this week. (I still haven't played Mafia III but will start soon)

Also campaign is being praised, WTH?

Seems silly to post a definitive (scored) review of a game with a large multiplayer component before the public servers are live. All sites seem to have politely forgotten Battlefield 4's infamous 2013 problems in a race to put a number on something.

Xater

Seems silly to post a definitive (scored) review of a game with a large multiplayer component before the public servers are live. All sites seem to have politely forgotten Battlefield 4's infamous 2013 problems in a race to put a number on something.

Battlefront launched fine.

Battlefront launched fine.

That in no way matters. Why should sites definitely weigh in on a game whilst judging it under circumstance that (at best) only imitate real life conditions?

Many sites, sites that have today reviewed Battlefield 1, in the past chose to wait until after release before offering a final verdict on a game with online focus. It seemed like many of them learned a lesson from the mess that was Battlefield 4. That best practice is now thrown by the wayside.

I am not singling out BF (or EA) here. The same should be done for Titanfall and Call of Duty amongst others as well.

oti

Banned
My EA Access is running out in a month so I'll start playing Need for Speed soon. Saves me some money as well since I won't be buying Horizon 3 for some time then. Been reviewing Rhythm Heaven and the Hotel Dusk-ish 3DS game and I'm going for one Overwatch loot crate per day. Still have Destiny, SFV to play, Tokyo Mirage and Mirror's Edge I won't start for now I think. I'm eagerly awaiting Final Fantasy and Pokémon this year.

Video games.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Totally. Remember Polygon's Sim City review? Just wait a couple of days and save yourself the embarrassment.
I have to say, the campaign in BF1 seems surprisingly solid. A bit cheesy but in a good way, at least for me.

There is a section where you play a bird, flying over the battlefield(tm) while planes crash down and you see the completly destroyed landscape and some sad/slow piano music is playing. It sounds bad, but I found it well done. If super cheesy.

bjork

I've put in an email to a source that, if they reply with factual information, will blow the lid off of Giant Bomb cereal discussions forever.

Top Bottom