• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Johndoey

Banned
The main plot of GTAV is pretty solid, most of Franklin's stuff is good, some of the Trevor content is fantastic, and the Michael family plot is way better than it should be. The commentary on American society was just uninteresting.

Someone needed to rein in the writers on that game. Like someone wrote that torture monologue and actually thought it was good.

Johndoey

Banned
The NX mock-up thread is superb, almost as good as people arguing over the exact wording of a two year old press statement.

I've never seen so much debate over the meaning of "family".

oh

you guys hyped it up and now its just a big ol disappointment

I mean Danny is probably the only guy besides Jason who was and still is playing Rocket League, even in his video explaining what noclip was about, he was playing Rocket League. The perfect dude for the job.

e: I should mention though that in the Patreon video he goes abit indepth about it and it sounds exciting.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Their story is actually pretty damn interesting. From the depths of the Make Something Unreal contests to now.

I'm still getting used to the voices at giant bomb and I prefer Beastcast to Bombcast. So on the Beastcast they occasionally have some Jeff guy and I'm always like "wow what's jeff doing in new york?" I originally thought Alex was Jeff. Basically I think everyone is Jeff when I watched Shenmue ER's first episode.

I guess we know my GB daddy now but sometimes i lean Alex or Vinny. Alex shares my curmudgeon-ness-ness so maybe he is the right one

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still getting used to the voices at giant bomb and I prefer Beastcast to Bombcast. So on the Beastcast they occasionally have some Jeff guy and I'm always like "wow what's jeff doing in new york?" I originally thought Alex was Jeff. Basically I think everyone is Jeff when I watched Shenmue ER's first episode.

I guess we know my GB daddy now but sometimes i lean Alex or Vinny. Alex shares my curmudgeon-ness-ness so maybe he is the right one
Just think of this when Jeff is talking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR5c-R8Mf5M

That would be Jeff Bakalar(CNET duder).

whoa now

GB dad and GB daddy are two different things and I wouldn't make those decisions so quickly

Salarians

Alex will be pleased

Zaph

There is only one GB daddy

eUU2A.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Jeff Bakalar works for CNET in the same building, they have him on cause he's pretty cool and its hard to do a podcast with two people (*cough*AustinandPatrick*cough*)

Top Bottom