• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Table Tennis 2! It's happening!!

actual_1476708723.jpg

Maiorum

I've certainly heard him talk about the sinking of the Lusitania and the germans being the bad guys and the russians being the weird guys a few times.

strafer

It's Red Dead Redemption Online.

Taking after the smash hit GTAV Online.

Can't wait for the live stream were they try to connect and play together but end up playing Windjammers instead.

And instead of picking Marson as your special dad you pick someone from GTAV.

Watching the GB endurance run and I can't believe I never realised before that in P4
they just straight up imply you bone whoever you bring over on Christmas Eve

besides the guys, I think.

I thought that was the implication every time you maxed a romantic s-link (as well as Christmas) and "spent a long time together."

it's a game for sickos

It seems to be constantly derided on GAF, but I had a hell of the time with the early days of GTA Online. It was entirely dependent on the fact that I was playing with a couple friends, but then again all of my favorite multiplayer experiences have been with people I know vs random strangers (Borderlands co-op, Halo 2 multiplayer lans in high school, etc.)

Doing random dumb shit like robbing gas stations while my friend drove a getaway helicopter or doing drive-bys on other players from the back of a train was a blast.

I can already imagine the backlash here if the RDR sequel is announced as being a co-op focused experience, but that would basically be my dream game.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I think I'm pretty much done with open world games at this point. Also I can't trust 2016 R* to write a good story anymore.

Meneses

While I kinda dug GTA Online (I never got really into it due to lack of friends playing and long loading times when I started), my hype will totally deflate if this is just Red Dead Online.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I think I'm pretty much done with open world games at this point. Also I can't trust 2016 R* to write a good story anymore.

I think I'm just done with open worlds in the R* and Bethesda mold. Like, I can still enjoy "open worlds" like The Witcher 3, but when it comes to these particular models of sandbox gameplay I enjoyed Saints Row 3 and Skyrim and then...just completely lost interest

Meneses

So the World of Final Fantasy demo (annoying and uninteresting) did basically the opposite of what DQ Builders (I loved it and probably gonna buy it) did for me.

GTA 5's story was really good, albeit with a dodgy ending.

They're not exactly setting the standard anymore but the humour still works. They nailed Trevor especially. A fucking lunatic who tortures people is what the series needed.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
GTA 5's story was really good, albeit with a dodgy ending.

They're not exactly setting the standard anymore but the humour still works. They nailed Trevor especially. A fucking lunatic who tortures people is what the series needed.

I kinda disagree. I think the humor in particular was really bad in GTA V. I remember being constantly disappointed with the radio stations and how incredibly obvious everything was. And the story was just...boring. I didn't finish it to be fair cause I got bored but according to the internet I got like 85% in.

I think I'm just done with open worlds in the R* and Bethesda mold. Like, I can still enjoy "open worlds" like The Witcher 3, but when it comes to these particular models of sandbox gameplay I enjoyed Saints Row 3 and Skyrim and then...just completely lost interest

I might be with you here. I would totally replay Witcher 3 right now if I didn't have anything else to play right now.

So am I the only one that now wants a series of the guys being forced to watch shitty youtubers? Jeff's instant disgust when the one guy said "It's like David goes to the dentist, but it's whatever after pepper spray" was too perfect.

Xater

So am I the only one that now wants a series of the guys being forced to watch shitty youtubers? Jeff's instant disgust when the one guy said "It's like David goes to the dentist, but it's whatever after pepper spray" was too perfect.

There are more than enough React channels out there on Youtube. Please don#t do this on GB.

There are more than enough React channels out there on Youtube. Please don#t do this on GB.

Yeah, I guess that's true. I guess I wasn't really seeing it as them reacting. More like torture for them. The hate and anger from Jason during that whole segment was great, then the whole snot gun thing and Dan worrying about where Snot-gun guy went. I thought it was all just great. Seeing the guys all be angry at something was good fun.

Bacon

That sounds pretty mean spirited.

edit: ^^^ Alexis and Drew have completed all the Halo campaigns during Extra Life at this point. 24 hours of Halo Wars confirmed.

I still think that Dan's farewell stream being a marathon of all remaining Mario Party games seems like an obvious way for them to tackle the rest. Especially keeping in mind that the newer Mario Party games have a smaller max turn limit and don't take nearly as a long to complete, so those ones wouldn't make a great standalone stream anyways.

Boring as the mission design in GTAV may be, it's fun to mess around in that world. Wish they'd approach their missions with a sandbox mindset instead of overly directing your actions.

SomberOwl

7 protagonists? :( Or is that just Red Dead Online? :(

I hope it's neither of those things. I personally really didn't like the 3 protagonist angle from GTAV and also really didn't like the online at all.

Do you guys think Jeff will review the 3 big FPS games this year? Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, and COD: Infinite Warfare? Seems like Battlefield 1 is getting some great reviews.

Top Bottom