• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Salarians

Cu_ZPv6WIAA5a7z
that's some grass

Truant

I'm looking for a QL of a side scrolling teen slasher inspired game where you played as one or more kids at a summer camp, being chased by a murderer. Anyone remember the name of the game?

This is still their best game:
ski_crazed_2.png

Even though their early games are probably not great, I kind of wish Sony would/could acquire the rights to all Naughty Dog's pre-PlayStation games and then release a PSN compilation on PS4 consisting of Math Jam, Ski Crazed, Dream Zone, Keef the Thief, Rings of Power, and Way of the Warrior. Also, to coincide with this, they could finally bring PS1 classics to PS4 and have Crash 1-3 and CTR be flagship releases of the PS1 classics. To round it out, they could add Jak 1-3 and Jax X Racing as PS2 classics. The rest of their games (Uncharted 1-4, TLOU) are already on PS4.

Smdh at that dude upset Dan is looking forwards to a Red Dead sequel on Twitter. That was a strange thread. Got me a bit heated for some reason. Why shouldn't he be excited about something he enjoys?

pizzacat

Banned
Smdh at that dude upset Dan is looking forwards to a Red Dead sequel on Twitter. That was a strange thread. Got me a bit heated for some reason. Why shouldn't he be excited about something he enjoys?
SOMEONE ON THE INTERNET SAID A GB EMPLOYEE IS EXCITED FOR A VIDEO GAME

im already setting up the patreon for the soon to be closed giant bomb

daveo42

Banned
Even though their early games are probably not great, I kind of wish Sony would/could acquire the rights to all Naughty Dog's pre-PlayStation games and then release a PSN compilation on PS4 consisting of Math Jam, Ski Crazed, Dream Zone, Keef the Thief, Rings of Power, and Way of the Warrior. Also, to coincide with this, they could finally bring PS1 classics to PS4 and have Crash 1-3 and CTR be flagship releases of the PS1 classics. To round it out, they could add Jak 1-3 and Jax X Racing as PS2 classics. The rest of their games (Uncharted 1-4, TLOU) are already on PS4.

That would be pretty awesome, though some of the early stuff is split out between a few companies and I have zero clue what or who owns anything by Baudville Softtware. A few you would need to wrestle from EA and Way of the Warrior you'd need to get from Vivendi. So a compilation seems like a pipedream at the moment.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
He just gave Paper Mario, a franchise he enjoyed, a 2/5. This guy suggesting Dan might not be impartial because he liked the last one is straight up stupid.

Also saying this doesn't happen elsewhere is wrong. I see it all the time in tech reviews. From headphones to cars there are fans out there that can still objectively look at a brand they like.

edit: That guy is actually a game dev...

pizzacat

Banned
He just gave Paper Mario, a franchise he enjoyed, a 2/5. This guy suggesting Dan might not be impartial because he liked the last one is straight up stupid.

Also saying this doesn't happen elsewhere is wrong. I see it all the time in tech reviews. From headphones to cars there are fans out there that can still objectively look at a brand they like.

edit: That guy is actually a game dev...
Not only a game Dev but an indie game Dev

finding a bald indie game Dev is like finding a British guy with a hat talking about video games on youtube

the fuck is with that Will guy?

It's not like Dan is tweeting from the official GB account that he's looking forward to the new game. It's his personal twitter.

FStop7

Banned

He should go back and replay it now that it's got bc support on the Xbone.

I was surprised that it hasn't held up as well as I'd expected. Both as a game and as a narrative. It's still one of the best of the generation but I'd put it behind a lot of other things like New Vegas, Arkham Asylum, AssCreed 2+Brotherhood, Super Mario Galaxy 1+2, maybe even Mass Effect 1.

Check out @willoneill's Tweet: https://twitter.com/willoneill/status/788070411137388544?s=09

Thread starts there.

If I ever need to cast the role of "insufferable hipster" I know who I'm gonna call first.

That would be pretty awesome, though some of the early stuff is split out between a few companies and I have zero clue what or who owns anything by Baudville Softtware. A few you would need to wrestle from EA and Way of the Warrior you'd need to get from Vivendi. So a compilation seems like a pipedream at the moment.

Well, maybe they'd not need to acquire the rights to own, but instead make a deal to have the games licensed. I mean, I think they had to have an agreement with Activision in place when Crash was released as PS1 Classics on PS3 (apparently, it did not extend to Vita, which explains their absence there). And Way of the Warrior would not be Vivendi. Activision would be the owner of Way of the Warrior (and Crash 1-3 and CTR). EA owns Rings of Power and Keef the Thief. As you said, who knows what became of the IPs that Baudville owned. Ski Craze was self-published by Jason Rubin and Andy Gavin via Naughty Dog's initial name, JAM (Jason and Andy's Magic). I think they could work out a licensing deal, especially with Activision, as they seem pretty close now (especially with the upcoming Crash remasters and no to mention the COD and Destiny deals).

If you haven't yet, this history of Naughty Dog by Colin Moriarty (probably his best work at IGN) is a great read: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/04/rising-to-greatness-the-history-of-naughty-dog.

Jintor

I thought that was the implication every time you maxed a romantic s-link (as well as Christmas) and "spent a long time together."

it's a game for sickos

Well yeah but I was watching the Best Of yesterday and it just struck me about how exactly Chie was going about saying that she'd told her parents she was staying over at Yukiko's and then "Wipe that grin off your face"

lmao

Old voice actress was GOAT, though erin fitz is okay

Top Bottom