• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

oti

Banned
Maannn I don't even have enough time to play 10 new games a year, I can't justify playing two old ones!

Play 2. It's better. Some people liked the free roaming in 1 but eh. Just play 2.

Play both if you can though. They are both perfect games and nothing comes close to them when it comes to translating fun into video games.

I've been meaning to go back and play a Mario Galaxy game. Which do I play?

Probably both but I like 1 more. I played 2 soon after 1 and wasn't too impressed. I mean it was a good game but not on the same caliber as the original, but that could be because I didn't leave enough time between games the sequel felt too me too to me. So if you play them give some space between 1 and 2 so you can appreciate them both on their own terms.

Personally, Mario Galaxy is one of my favorite games of all time. While most of the rest of the games that gen were self serious, Mario Galaxy gave me the feeling of what it was like playing games as a kid again. I played the shit out of it, clocking over 50 hours and getting every star in the matter of three days. I never do that with games - I usually take my time. But Mario Galaxy was something else.

Best 3d platformer ever made by estimation.

Maannn I don't even have enough time to play 10 new games a year, I can't justify playing two old ones!

The first one then.

Probably both but I like 1 more. I played 2 soon after 1 and wasn't too impressed. I mean it was a good game but not on the same caliber as the original, but that could be because I didn't leave enough time between games the sequel felt too me too to me. So if you play them give some space between 1 and 2 so you can appreciate them both on their own terms.

Personally, Mario Galaxy is one of my favorite games of all time. While most of the rest of the games that gen were self serious, Mario Galaxy gave me the feeling of what it was like playing games as a kid again. I played the shit out of it, clocking over 50 hours and getting every star in the matter of three days. I never do that with games - I usually take my time. But Mario Galaxy was something else.

The first one then.
I totally agree about Mario Galaxy its a masterpiece and the best mario game ever after SMG2

TraBuch

Banned
Let's look at a real top 10 list.

The Last of Us
Demon's Souls
Alpha Protocol
Mass Effect 2
The Binding of Isaac
Asura's Wrath
Fight Night Champion
Dragon's Dogma
Trails of Cold Steel II
Tales from the Borderlands

Let's look at a real top 10 list.

The Last of Us
Demon's Souls
Alpha Protocol
Mass Effect 2
The Binding of Isaac
Asura's Wrath
Fight Night Champion
Dragon's Dogma
Trails of Cold Steel II
Tales from the Borderlands

I really wanna get in on Dragon's Dogma and Trails of Cold Steel. I don't like the Souls games but Dragon's Dogma sounds more up my alley.

oti

Banned
I mean, Yoshi is in too many stages I think and it becomes a breeze with him. Disagree I guess. I love Yoshi and even SMG2 felt like it was too much Yoshi.

Skyrim but good is great praise!

I liked the new layer he added. maybe it's just the more streamlined over world I greatly prefer over Galaxy 1's faux open world.

Man, there are so many remasters of games nobody wants to play again and yet the only way to play the best two games of all time in HD is using some emulator on PC. I would pay 60€ for a Mario Galaxy HD Collection on NX, Nintendo.

man I'm sorry but I can't take the RDR = GOTG stuff seriously

Mario Galaxy 2 came out! It happened! You can't ignore it sheesh

You're in the thread of a website that didn't even put Mario Galaxy 2 (the Best Game Ever Made, no less) on their 2010 Games of the Year list. I don't know why you're surprised.

I liked the new layer he added. maybe it's just the more streamlined over world I greatly prefer over Galaxy 1's faux open world.

Man, there are so many remasters of games nobody wants to play again and yet the only way to play the best two games of all time in HD is using some emulator on PC. I would pay 60€ for a Mario Galaxy HD Collection on NX, Nintendo.

I really want them to do Galaxy HD Collection but how do they make a classic controller option with no motion controls? You need motion contrls to get star bits. I'd really like a classic controller option.

The first one then.

I'm pretty much on board with all of this. Galaxy 2 just felt like more of the same but with the inferior Yoshi stuff. It's weird that Nintendo still can't do Yoshi in 3D properly.

There were a lot of games from last gen I missed out on. I never played Red Dead, or Mass Effect 2, or Fallout New Vegas.

Does Minecraft count as a "last gen" game? If so it's a legit contender for the crown. Along with The Last of Us, Burnout Paradise, Oblivion, and Mario Galaxy.

I like Austin and Patrick's idea of a new Giant Bomb show: Red Dead Rejefftion. The concept is to have Jeff play (replay?) the entire campaign of Red Dead Redemption.

Salarians

M. Rorie's Alpha Protocol is a bad game, but it's also a good game and I love it dearly

I like Austin and Patrick's idea of a new Giant Bomb show: Red Dead Rejefftion. The concept is to have Jeff play (replay?) the entire campaign of Red Dead Redemption.
why must Jeff be made to suffer

Salarians

LOboTU0l.jpg

Top Bottom