• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Salarians

tumblr_nvpo459uQl1rdrzuxo7_250.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The idea that you should treat every announced open world game equal is kind of funny, to be honest.

Like if Rockstar and the The War Z devs announce a new game, you should treat them exactly the same and if your response differs from "this is a game that might exist in the future and I have no feelings towards both of them", you're not fit to write reviews.

I'm so confused here. So a person is mad that another person is excited for a sequel to a game they loved? Man he better get on me as well, I loved nier and I'm excited for the sequel next year.

Go on, attack me I deserve it.

Nier's great despite what some other extremely excitable, Skyrim-dancin' game writer would tell you.

It's not ridiculous at all. It's not the game I would pick, but it should absolutely be in the running.

Yeah. For me, the top 10 of last gen (that I played) would have to be (in no order): The Last of Us, Uncharted 2, Mass Effect 2, Call of Duty 4, Bioshock, Portal 2, Elder Scrolls V, GTA IV (I waited for V to be on PS4, otherwise, V would've made this list), Red Dead Redemption, and Metal Gear Solid IV. RDR was (and still is) such a beautiful game (visually and technically). I can't tell you how many times I was in awe of the sunrises/sunsets and also how many times I just sat on the train and went for a ride.

Johndoey

Banned
Man that dude is a real jerk, especially over such a low key tweet.

His argument makes no damn sense, and his comment about journalists in other mediums is complete bullshit.

I don't like to speculate, but I wonder if the guy suffers from deep depression. On his Twitter bio it says he made Actual Sunlight, which is one the PS+ games this month. I haven't played it yet, but people who have say it is too real for them and it is a difficult (emotionally) game to play due to its handling of depression. So, perhaps he is in a bad place (mentally) right now and Dan was an unfortunate unintentional target for him to vent at. Again, as someone who does not suffer from depression, I can only speculate (which I probably shouldn't) as to why someone's enjoyment would create such a fuss over an innocuous tweet.

Yeah. For me, the top 10 of last gen (that I played) would have to be (in no order): The Last of Us, Uncharted 2, Mass Effect 2, Call of Duty 4, Bioshock, Portal 2, Elder Scrolls V, GTA IV (I waited for V to be on PS4, otherwise, V would've made this list), Red Dead Redemption, and Metal Gear Solid IV. RDR was (and still is) such a beautiful game (visually and technically). I can't tell you how many times I was in awe of the sunrises/sunsets and also how many times I just sat on the train and went for a ride.

That's an extremely mainstream list. Sounds like something IGN would come up with.

His attitude makes a ton of sense if you've played Actual Sunlight (free on PS+, it's garbage so don't pay for it), which is clearly semi-autobiographical.

Bowlie

Banned
I don't like to speculate, but I wonder if the guy suffers from deep depression. On his Twitter bio it says he made Actual Sunlight, which is one the PS+ games this month. I haven't played it yet, but people who have say it is too real for them and it is a difficult (emotionally) game to play due to its handling of depression. So, perhaps he is in a bad place (mentally) right now and Dan was an unfortunate unintentional target for him to vent at. Again, as someone who does not suffer from depression, I can only speculate (which I probably shouldn't) as to why someone's enjoyment would create such a fuss over an innocuous tweet.

I played it when it launched on Steam a few years back and... yeah. It was difficult to keep following him.

as someone who does suffer from severe depression, I don't truly wish unhappiness on anybody, even this misguided goofball

even still, lashing out is a bad look

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That's pretty much only single player console AAA gaming...

man I'm sorry but I can't take the RDR = GOTG stuff seriously

Mario Galaxy 2 came out! It happened! You can't ignore it sheesh

THOSE WOFF CHARACTERS LOOK LIKE MONSTERS HOLY SHIT ARE THEY UGLY AND DOWNRIGHT SCARY

You can make them into Kingdom Hearts-character form, for what it's worth. At least the protags.

oti

Banned
man I'm sorry but I can't take the RDR = GOTG stuff seriously

Mario Galaxy 2 came out! It happened! You can't ignore it sheesh

You can make them into Kingdom Hearts-character form, for what it's worth. At least the protags.

I did that as soon as I saw that. Way better but the rest of the cast is still deformed. I bet the devil looks like this.

Anyway, you are right about SMG2.

Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cowboy GTA

Mario Galaxy 2 is the worst 3D Mario, though.

man you don't even believe that

I refuse to accept that

we live in a universe where Sunshine exists so sorry but this isn't something I gotta put up with. man

edit: eh it doesn't even matter, it's still at least the second best game of last gen in that case

Top Bottom