• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Strax

I've never understood why Mario Galaxy was so loved. Its the worst controlling mainline Mario game, worst co-op concept I've seen in a game and a terrible setting.

What did people see in 2 that I didn't? I've never seen what improvements it made to the original besides the lack of a hub world.

I just think the strengths of 1 are even more amplified in 2. The variety, the extra missions that are tuned for more experienced players. The fantastical worlds, all of that stuff is great in 2.

I've never understood why Mario Galaxy was so loved. Its the worst controlling mainline Mario game, worst co-op concept I've seen in a game and a terrible setting.

Its mostly people trying to justify owning a Wii

JRuRPnB.gif

FStop7

Banned
Dumb question, but I've seen this referenced a few times... Do they not go into the office on Mondays anymore?

It was made to sound that they'd be looking into doing stuff from home on Mondays but who knows if it ever came about.

More important news: United Front is toast, apparently. I hold UPF responsible for showing off that Smash and Grab game.

I never finished either of them

Yeah they aren't great. I recently got a wii u and got bored to death playing galaxy 2.i also got metroid prime trilogy which is great and holds up really well.

out

Six hours of VR. How do I get through this? Do you guys watch every second? What's it like working in that environment doing six hours of VR? Dan looks so bored right now. Poor Dan!

I don't know Jason. Who is he and when did he join GB? Why do they always have someone manning the computer looking like a DJ at a party?

Does GB have anything 1up Show esque? I loved that.

Six hours of VR. How do I get through this? Do you guys watch every second? What's it like working in that environment doing six hours of VR? Dan looks so bored right now. Poor Dan!

I don't know Jason. Who is he and when did he join GB? Why do they always have someone manning the computer looking like a DJ at a party?

Does GB have anything 1up Show esque? I loved that.

Jason joined the same day as Dan plus he also worked with Dan at Game Informer.

Hes the other production/video guy along with Drew so he wasn't as prevalent in earlier content as he is now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg6Lh1n26lE

Where do these clips come from? UPF? My office is closed this week due to construction so I have all week to cat ass and catch up on Giant Bomb. Drew is handsome.

There are things from UPFs, Mailbags, GB Unplugged: Dungeons and Dragons, GOTYs, and PAX Prime 2015.

You should watch their GOTY videos, mainly 2012 and 2014's.

Pretty much this.

I never finished either of them

Yeah they aren't great. I recently got a wii u and got bored to death playing galaxy 2.i also got metroid prime trilogy which is great and holds up really well.

I CAN'T, I JUST CAN'T.

How can anyone hate this?

I would really like to know why Sleeping Dogs wasn't a massive hit. It was a fantastic game.

It was a success but it wasn't the insane success that Square wanted. I mean we're talking about that same Square that said this about Tomb Raider reboot sales "The game sold 3.4 million in its first month. Those were incredible numbers, but Square Enix was expecting six million. "

LOL WHAT?!

RIP UFG and SD2.

Six hours of VR. How do I get through this? Do you guys watch every second?

Yes.

What's it like working in that environment doing six hours of VR?

Seems to depend on the games they get. Sometimes the Rodeos end on really good notes but most of the time they just seem tired.

He came with Dan. The computer setup is because they're producing live content or are sending out the video in particular ways to be produced after they're done recording. There's actually been a video where Drew walked through the nightmare of their recording setup.

He came with Dan. The computer setup is because they're producing live content or are sending out the video in particular ways to be produced after they're done recording. There's actually been a video where Drew walked through the nightmare of their recording setup.

There also that stream where Jeff is trying to man the stream without Drew and Jason (because they both had matters to attend to) and he had to call Vinny to help him out

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
To the person watching the CD-I stream, I recommend following it up with the 3DO TNT

One day we'll get that Jaguar stream. One day.

Sleeping Dogs, much like Mercenaries 1, got labeled a GTA clone on release when in fact it actually plays a whole lot better than GTA for my tastes.

Top Bottom