• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Read Dead Online would just be them continuing the exact same naming convention they used for the multiplayer side of GTA V, not a sign of no single-player. Redemption had a fairly popular multiplayer component as well.

2016-10-1814_58_14-roixstx.png

There it is. Will be slightly disappointed if it's a prequel.

Meneses

It appears to be a prequel of some sort, since that seems to be Dutch's gang and looks like Marston is the one on the left looking away.

They also mention "new online mode" so this will probably follow the GTA V model.

Hope the single player part is substantial.

Kinda looks like the dude from Red Dead Revolver in the middle.

Anyway Red Dead Redemption gets a sequel. Burnout Paradise doesn't. The universe knows whats up.

Death Metalist said:
There it is. Will be slightly disappointed if it's a prequel.
It would pretty much have to be a prequel, setting it any time after Red Dead Redemption would mean the setting is no longer the wild west. Unless you mean you hope it's not specifically a prequel surrounding John Marston/Dutch's gang.

Meguro

Banned
The universe also shut down United Front Games so fuck the universe.
I will continue to not be interested in a Rockstar game unless the Housers step back as the writers AND they somehow find people who can design a good third-person action game.

It would pretty much have to be a prequel, setting it any time after Red Dead Redemption would mean the setting is no longer the wild west. Unless you mean you hope it's not specifically a prequel surrounding John Marston/Dutch's gang.

Yup, a prequel to that would pretty much mean no tension. I'm hoping for new characters but we'll see. I'll be slightly disappointed but in all honesty it's a tiny nitpick in what I consider is a game I'm highly looking forward to since I adore the old west setting and feel that more games should explore it in ways that aren't MULTIPLAYER ONLY.

Nobody gave a shit about the series before Redemption, no reason to change it now.

Hey now, Red Dead Revolver was a fine, fine linear third person shooter game with a surprisingly fun MP component to it. I played the 4 player split screen mode with my cousins alot on the original Xbox.

Top Bottom