• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Johndoey

Banned
The sequel would've been called Woke Dogs.

Wei would've come back to the U.S and become disillusioned with systemic racism in the power structure.

I know this is controversial but

I like video games and I think it's a great time to be playing them

It is. I'm juggling GEARS 4, Mafia 3 and Recore on Xbox One. PS4: Red Dead Revolver & No Man's Sky. 3DS: 999 & Phoenix Wright Trilogy.

I'm kind of going nuts. BF1 is also coming in this week with tons of games I'm sure after it once we enter November. I still haven't played FH3 and I was going to get it Day 1 but got busy with paper work and now I might as well get it later. I also want to play Obduction but I'm thinking of getting it early next year with Mario Paper when no more games are coming out. This also doesn't count the downloadable games that come out of no where and turn out good or great.

There has never been a better time to be playing video games

Holy shit

I just realized that the game the guys played on UPF, Smash and Grab, was from United Fronts

I wonder if they knew and tried to give it a little boost? Man that fucking sucks.

Well, I guess if Sony wants to revive ModNation Racers they'll have to go elsewhere. UFG made a fantastic kart racer in an era where kart racing felt beyond done. The creation aspect was clearly the best part, but they made a good racer. Had they not, the game would not have been any fun. Best of luck to all the guys there.

jgminto

I just finished Outlast and I can't believe Patrick holds this game so highly as an example of good horror. I'd take Alien Isolation over this any day.

BearPawB

Banned
So its been a long time since I have touched Symphony of the Night....is Vinny super OP or something?

Everything hits him for 1 dmg.
I dont remember the game being so easy

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Well, I guess if Sony wants to revive ModNation Racers they'll have to go elsewhere. UFG made a fantastic kart racer in an era where kart racing felt beyond done. The creation aspect was clearly the best part, but they made a good racer. Had they not, the game would not have been any fun. Best of luck to all the guys there.

Their first two games as a studio were Modnation Racers and Sleeping Dogs, which were up there with the best of two wildly different genres at the time. It's a shame those two didn't perform as well as they might in a perfect world and even more that they didn't really seem to land anything else after.

Apparently Battleborn's official site had the same whois domain as that site i posted.

CvBdCdtXYAEhcP9.jpg:large

interesting

Lijik

I think the thing Im gonna miss most about UFG is they consistently nailed a vibe that resonated with me. Modnation Racers, Sleeping Dogs and Smash + Grab all hooked me on their presentation

Any new Rockstar game is going to have online because of GTA5s success, I'm sure there will still be the singleplayer part too

well that could be the case but it would be somewhat odd if they are essentially hyping this aspect first but hey that gta online money is good so why not try to get more.

as said it should be interesting

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh my god. To test out my theory if I'm burned out on open world sandboxes I booted up Saints Row 3 today

The shooting in this is terrible. Why is there so much of it?

Their first two games as a studio were Modnation Racers and Sleeping Dogs, which were up there with the best of two wildly different genres at the time. It's a shame those two didn't perform as well as they might in a perfect world and even more that they didn't really seem to land anything else after.

While they never made a ModNation 2, they did make LBP Karting. In a way, that was a second shot. Unfortunately, I think the latter sold even fewer games than MNR (I did enjoy Giant Bomb's Quick Look of it, though). I had high hopes for the ModNation brand. I thought it could branch out into other genres (i.e. ModNation Shooter, ModNation Fighter, etc.)

It's alright but I think you're better off playing Shadows of the Damned or Lollipop Chainsaw.

Or No More Heroes on Wii.* Or No More Heroes 2. Or Killer 7. Or Flower, Sun, and Rain. Or fucking Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked. I haven't played The Silver Case, but it's probably better than Killer is Dead.

*I'm currently playing the PS3 version, and it's fucking abominable. I think it performs worse than the Wii original, which is insane. I've never seen more screen tearing, and there are frequent bouts of slowdown. The controls feel weird, especially the Move controls, which are just completely fucked. And there's no Heavenly Star!

Or No More Heroes on Wii.* Or No More Heroes 2. Or Killer 7. Or Flower, Sun, and Rain. Or fucking Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked. I haven't played The Silver Case, but it's probably better than Killer is Dead.

*I'm currently playing the PS3 version, and it's fucking abominable. I think it performs worse than the Wii original, which is insane. I've never seen more screen tearing, and there are frequent bouts of slowdown. The controls feel weird, especially the Move controls, which are just completely fucked. And there's no Heavenly Star!

Pretty much, I did enjoy it though however, it could have been WAY BETTER. I'm really excited to try out The Silver Case but too many games on the plate at the moment and not enough time.

Top Bottom