• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

daveo42

Banned
Is Danielle Reindeau the ex-EMT, fitness nut, or am I thinking of someone else?

I need to send her all of my running-related questions. Probably every day and to the podcast email just so she has to be on it to provide her much needed running content.

FStop7

Banned
Encounter at Waypoint was a rough start for Star Trek: TNG but they pulled it together by the third season.

The flashbacks to Tasha Yar's home planet with Q were pretty awesome, tho

kiguel182

Dannielle was my choice for a new hire so I'm glad to see her join Austin and company. It seems like a great team. I'm curious what kind of content they will create for sure.

Chuck

Still without luck
I almost had a heart attack reading this thread thinking danielle was join Beast. How awful that would have been.

Hope she doesn't ruin the new Vice podcast that I enjoy.

Salarians

I need to send her all of my running-related questions. Probably every day and to the podcast email just so she has to be on it to provide her much needed running content.
Speaking of which, Dan should ask her to help find him some running shoes that won't destroy his feet.

I almost had a heart attack reading this thread think danielle was join Beast. How awful that would have been.

tumblr_ms62paZFyD1syeot2o1_500.gif

Sakwoff

Pretty excited for Waypoint. I'll follow Austin anywhere.

Also Danielle is kind of the best.

Also I think the name is pretty cool? Both in the video game sense as well as general semantics. (guys the word has been around forever before halo even in games quit it) Great name for a website.

FStop7

Banned
I almost had a heart attack reading this thread thinking danielle was join Beast. How awful that would have been.

Did you listen to Idle Thumbs when she was there? She was the only one who was actually playing video games and had something substantial to bring to the podcast.

daveo42

Banned
Speaking of which, Dan should ask her to help find him some running shoes that won't destroy his feet.

It's not all that hard really. Find ones with enough support and fits his gait. What kind of shoes was he using when he was running to begin with anyway? Regular sneakers or Chuck's or something?

Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif

repeater

Edit: I'll listen to all Waypoint content if Austin can manage to not mention how busy he is every 15 minutes.
Do I think both of them have certain habits in podcasting that I could do with less of? Definitely.
Do I feel that the podcast would be well served by a third voice with a slightly different profile? Sure.
Have I enjoyed the episodes so far despite these minor gripes? Absolutely.

xCTuBZI.gif

Should Brad be trusted with the sanctity of the eeeeeeemails?
I heard he stores them on a private server, obviously he's unfit to serve as host.

With all of this Westworld talk, I'm thinking I should finally get in on HBO. Never had it in my life.

As someone who owns a TV, the 3 current consoles, a fire TV stick, a PC, an iphone but currently has a cable subscription, what's the best way to get HBo at the lowest cost?

I've considered PSVue, but haven't done the research yet. If I'm in a household that pretty much watches

-Local NFL games
-The Walking Dead
-The Voice
-Ellen
-Property Brothers-esque BS

What's my best option?

With all of this Westworld talk, I'm thinking I should finally get in on HBO. Never had it in my life.

As someone who owns a TV, the 3 current consoles, a fire TV stick, a PC, an iphone but currently has a cable subscription, what's the best way to get HBo at the lowest cost?

I've considered PSVue, but haven't done the research yet. If I'm in a household that pretty much watches

-Local NFL games
-The Walking Dead
-The Voice
-Ellen
-Property Brothers-esque BS

What's my best option?
who's your cable provider?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah if Danielle joins the Vice podcast, I definitely have to drop one GB podcast. This will be tough.

I don't follow game news anymore so I don't know who Danielle is but diversity is good!
She's also been a guest on two Beastcasts and a few Bombin' the A.M.

Enjoying seeing people super hype about the Vice/Waypoint hires, I haven't heard of them so excited to hopefully enjoy the content! There's not enough women writers/content types I've been exposed to.

LiK

Why don't you like her? She was fantastic on Beastcast.

Sakwoff

Listening to the Bombcast ~2h behind.

I feel like being an insufferable prick right now, so here goes:

Brad, The Hobbit predated LOTR. It's not a prequel, and as such not made to "explain" anything. It's actually the first released thing that takes place in that world.

Brad, The Hobbit predated LOTR. It's not a prequel, and as such not made to "explain" anything. It's actually the first released thing that takes place in that world.

Did Brad imply the Lord of the Rings books came out first? I thought he was, like, a Tolkien guy.

Teddified

I think he was moreso referring to the movies and the reception to them. Brad is well versed in LOTR lore going by the shadow of mordor QLs.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Woo! Glad the GB name tags showed up in one piece! I'll upload the .stl file later this afternoon or tomorrow so people can print their own.

You sent things that were cool, required some degree of work and talent, and they'll be part of the set. Awesome job all around!

The other person introduced me to the world of high end Transformers. I'm...not sure how I feel about that right now.

oti

Banned
I think he was moreso referring to the movies and the reception to them. Brad is well versed in LOTR lore going by the shadow of mordor QLs.

Yeah, I love re-watching them just to hear Brad schooling Dan on Tolkien.

Shadow of Mordor PS4 Pro Patch for GOTY 2016.

Top Bottom