• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

daveo42

Banned
^Red Dead will be GOTY 2018

Yeah, D-Dog replaced him real quick. :(

I wish D-Dog could be out at the same time, riding in the back.

Switching them out was easy enough, but D-Horse became way more of just another vehicle solution to get across the map, where you could just as easily just take a vehicle from an outpost and not need to switch out companions.

D-Dog was amazing too.

Johndoey

Banned
Monolith will cancel Shadows of Mordor 2 to create a new Gotham City Impostors, everyone will finally recognize how good that game is and it will sweep Goty.

Impostors was so good man, so good and no one played it.

BearPawB

Banned
Red Dead Redemption easily has one of the best endings in all of videogame history.

Most videogame endings suck

What other games end well?

Last of Us....Snake Eater

Joeku

Red Dead Redemption easily has one of the best endings in all of videogame history.

The Spec Ops: The Line endings. Walking Dead season 1. Uncharted 4, honestly.

Catvoca

Banned

Mafia 2's ending is dope

Red dead's ending is undeniable though. I'm not even a fan of the game and I'd still say it's one of the absolute best there is.

Mr. F

Banned

That's the exact reason I'm wary of a prequel that takes place in Dutch's gang. The entire set up for that character is a guy clearly at the end of his rope after a life of being stuck in the shit. That exhaustion is what makes the monologue/suicide so good, so seeing him in his heyday as a random thug sounds a lot less interesting by comparison.
I hope they have something clever up their sleeves, because that combined with the framing of the west dying and law/technology starting to intervene is a tough act to follow.

That's the exact reason I'm wary of a prequel that takes place in Dutch's gang. The entire set up for that character is a guy clearly at the end of his rope after a life of being stuck in the shit. That exhaustion is what makes the monologue/suicide so good, so seeing him in his heyday as a random thug sounds a lot less interesting by comparison.
I hope they have something clever up their sleeves, because that combined with the framing of the west dying and law/technology starting to intervene is a tough act to follow.

fingers crossed they portray marston as an unlikable piece of shit

shouldn't be hard for rockstar to do that with a protagonist

Chuck

Still without luck
I think one of the best things a critic can do is admit they were wrong and correct themselves.

It's time, Jeff.

My wisdom teeth came in fine and straight during college but I had them pulled out earlier this year because there was some concern that they would eventually crowd out my other teeth. They just gave me a little Novocaine and cracked them all apart like nuts.

One of the wisdom teeth was sort of curved and the dentist had to put so much leverage on it that when it cracked half the tooth went flying across the room and hit the dental assistant in the forehead.

daveo42

Banned
My teeth hurt just listening to this.

I actually had the same thoughts about visiting the dentist after years of not going, mainly because of a lack of insurance. Same outcome too. Only a handful of cavities and some plaque build up after over a decade of not visiting a dentist. Don't do it tho...not everyone is so lucky and there's no reason to chance your teeth health.

Top Bottom