• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

has nintendo come out and said that this replaces the 3Ds. this just seems like what the vita was trying to be which is take your console games with you

Nintendo also tripled-down on March, so looks like they're definitely going to hit it.

Shame there is knowing Zelda BotW probably could've been out this year had they not saved it for Switch. I'm such a sucker for Zelda games I would've bought both. But it'll be a dope first game to play on the device. Feels like there hasn't been a strong launch game in far too long.

I can only hope the Switch version manages to be 1080p. Considering the power gap, I'm not expecting 60fps.

Nice press photos:

Now that it's confirmed, I really think Nintendo should sell alternate controller configurations. They could sell a symmetrical (sticks on bottom) configuration (a la PlayStation), a symmetrical (sticks on top) configuration (a la Wii U gamepad), or (if you're crazy) an asymmetrical (stick on bottom left and on the top right) (as far a I know, no video game system has ever used this control configuration). With these controllers being removable, it also opens up Nintendo for some neat accessories. Imagine a fishing rod for fishing games, or a camera controller for a Pokemon Snap-esque game.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I just caught up with yesterday's debate tweets. I have to say brad, I don't like it when my GB editors get political. Please keep that to yourself

I'm kidding, obviously. Brad is good people. Good on ya ol' Bean. You should have won MPP as well #actuallyrigged

Edit: I also find it fun how everybody is flipping out that the NX is exactly what everybody thought it would be.

repeater

I just caught up with yesterday's debate tweets. I have to say brad, I don't like it when my GB editors get political. Please keep that to yourself

I'm kidding, obviously. Brad is good people. Good on ya ol' Bean. You should have won MPP as well #actuallyrigged
Yeah, I have nothing but respect for Brad being appropriately outspoken about this madness.

The new DOOM arcade mode is so legit, you guys. GOTY just got better.

I don't have Doom, but the thing about the recent trailer that pushed me over the edge of really wanting it, is the Classic Doom SnapMap stuff. That looked really neat. I love how much support this game is getting well after launch. It's almost Rocket League-esque in terms of post-release support.

Tagyhag

Jeff jefflred for almost 2 hours. Is his communte really that long? Crazy.

Petaluma to San Francisco is more like 1 hour-1 hour 15 minutes.

There must have been some heavy traffic.

The prices to pay to live in a house if you work in the Bay Area.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Petaluma to San Francisco is more like 1 hour-1 hour 15 minutes.

There must have been some heavy traffic.

The prices to pay to live in a house if you work in the Bay Area.
That's 10 to 14 hours sitting in a car every week. I could never do that.

daveo42

Banned
I can understand why Jeff makes the trip. He is more than likely saving a bonkers amount of money not living anywhere near SF. I hate long commutes to/from work, but sometimes the trade-off is worth the time.

That's 10 to 14 hours sitting in a car every week. I could never do that.

But think of all that #content

Tagyhag

I can understand why Jeff makes the trip. He is more than likely saving a bonkers amount of money not living anywhere near SF. I hate long commutes to/from work, but sometimes the trade-off is worth the time.

Assuming Jeff lives in a 3 bedroom house, he'd probably have to pay around $2 million for a decent home in the city.

And that home would not only be much smaller sq footage wise, but the front and backyard (If it has them) would be much smaller as well.

Yeah, SF is fucked in more ways than one. I'm sure he's gotten used to the drive.

The new DOOM arcade mode is so legit, you guys. GOTY just got better.

My save got corrupted with the first patch. I had just returned from the hell visit to the facility and I really haven't touched it since then since I didn't feel like going through all that again, without my weapon upgrades.

Arcade mode may get me to play it some more. I just want to have the upgrades I want and go ham for a bit.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff was right on Twitter, though. They could make a console version just for your TV without a screen. Would be really cheap. Oh, and call it Light Switch. Sorry.

gEXAH3D.jpg

Should I do it?

No_Style

They're probably all $60.

Nah. Despite popular belief, Nintendo does lower prices on their games. It just takes them a very long time. 3D World, Wind Waker HD and other Nintendo Selects are $30 CAD each while titles like Bayonetta 2 and Treasure Tracker are $40 each.

daveo42

Banned
My Wii U has collected dust for months and I'm just about to put it in a closet to be honest. Not sure if buying a Wii U now would be a good idea even for exclusives. Btw, you could probably get them even cheaper come Black Friday. It's not like they are magically going to fly off the shelves now.

They're probably all $60.

QTF.

My Wii U has collected dust for months and I'm just about to put it in a closet to be honest. Not sure if buying a Wii U now would be a good idea even for exclusives. Btw, you could probably get them even cheaper come Black Friday. It's not like they are magically going to fly off the shelves now.

Mine has been in the closet since I beat Xenoblade Chronicles X, but I don't regret my purchase because I feel the exclusives were worth it. Definitely agree to wait for Black Friday though.

Top Bottom