• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Maiorum

It looks like the two side controller bits can either be combined into a single controller, or can be used separately. Weird.

And there are the more traditional controllers of course, which I assume will be sold separately.

Nice press photos:

4U3a2io.jpg

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I have never heard of it before tbh but interesting move by Nintendo to buy the (lucrative?) Witch license from Disney. Nice trailer for Nintendo's Witch too, though they didn't show much gameplay?

def sim

Some weird names for sure, but not out of the ordinary when considering the Wii. Anyway, I like what they've presented. Hopefully it's good.

Fantastapotamus

How inconsiderate of Nintendo to release this now and kill GAF, right when I have an urging question about dying hard drives. Is that how you treat your loyal customers Nintendo?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I like the name, it\s easy to say, distinguishable and pretty logical for the "gimmick".

I also like the concept so I'll probably end up as an early adopter.

Fantastapotamus

They showed Splatoon and Mario Kart. I wonder if that means there will be select backward-compatible games or if those are new games?

Why not both? And by that I mean: How about "Switched-Up!"(tm) versions of WiiU games you loved? Buy them again for the discount price of 50$ and relive the classics of the last generation!

Why not both? And by that I mean: How about "Switched-Up!"(tm) versions of WiiU games you loved? Buy them again for the discount price of 50$ and relive the classics of the last generation!
There are definitely some Wii U games I missed that I would love to play. Nintendo really justifying my skipping the Wii U!
Both have features not in the Wii U games. Either new games or enhanced ports.
Yep you're right. Not really based on a lot, but I doubt it's Splatoon 2. Probably an enhanced port like you said. That seems like a good way to pad out your launch though, right? Put a bit of work into making the Wii U games nobody played better, put them out with the Switch.

Meneses

As with all Nintendo consoles, i'll buy it when they release the Fire Emblem Path of Radiance + Radiant Dawn double pack remaster.

Me, when the Wii remote was revealed: Oh shit this is cool as hell, what

Me, when the Wii U controller was revealed: Uh, okay, what else. Hold on what

Me, when the Switch everything was revealed: Okay, this is pretty cool

This is my entirely scientific metric for how well the Switch will do

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm okay with the Switch just because it means no dedicated handheld and I can actually play some god damned video games on the TV and not staring and my hands.

On that subject though, since the touch screen isn't needed like with the Wii U, there's no reason to not sell a model that's just a console ass console without the extra dust collecting screen I'd never make use of, right?

Wii remote was exciting when revealed, at least among me and my friends. That first year or three were wonderful for local multiplayer.

Wii U reveal, I laughed at it. Putting the screen on the ground to simulate golfing. Why?

Switch is exactly what I thought it'd be. For my purposes, not having to play on an uncomfortable handheld with a small screen is a blessing. I want to play Nintendo games on my TV and I get that here. Not exciting or a paradigm shift how the Wii was, but that's fine. I'm happy if I get quality Nintendo games.

My hot take oddity about the Switch is an emphasis on young adults and friends rather than kids and family.

Maiorum

I'm pretty sure all of the rumors about this thing said touchscreen, even though it was never shown in the trailer.

With the trailer being a relatively thorough look at the capabilities of this thing, you'd think they'd show off such a major feature; and with only 6 months till it launches, surely they can't still be vacillating on the inclusion of a touchscreen at this stage?

Top Bottom