• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Yeah I'd wait fam. The real hard read would've been to get the Bayonetta 2 Pack when it launched even if you weren't getting a Wii U until now.

Best purchase on the Wii U IMO.

hamchan

I saw all those people in the Switch trailer take it outside, place it down, then gathered all their friends around to look at it and I thought "no one actually does this".

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I saw all those people in the Switch trailer take it outside, place it down, then gathered all their friends around to look at it and I thought "no one actually does this".

But what about when you're having a party on your...roof patio?

Everybody loves roof parties. Sitting around a table playing a handheld with tic tac box sized controllers. That's life right there.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Of course not. Nobody even plays handhelds outside except for Japan.

Good thing about the switch is no more touch games and no more waggle.

Lijik

I dunno as far as manufactured lifestyle videos go, this one felt more realistic than the PS4 shareplay video where some teenager was living alone in a rustic lowlight shack playing Knack all day

oti

Banned
To play its exclusive games.

The thing about the Wii U is that it has the best Mario Kart and the best Smash, I'm pretty confident saying they'll release more of those on Switch. :p

Also Splatoon 2 will be on Switch, surely Mario Maker 2 will be on Switch etc. Unless you want to play something obscure like Tokyo Mirage you don't need a Wii U. Captain Toad is super rad though.

No_Style

I will see you on the ball court, sir. We will settle our disputes on the digital courts.

wait to see if Mario Maker gets a Switch port

Oh totally. I'm not buying Mario Maker because I'm positive it'll either get ported to the Switch or will get a sequel.

The thing about the Wii U is that it has the best Mario Kart and the best Smash, I'm pretty confident on saying they'll release more of those on Switch. :p

Also Splatoon 2 will be on Switch, surely Mario Maker 2 will be on Switch etc. Unless you want to play something onscure like Tokyo Mirage you don't need a Wii U. Captain Toad is super rad though.

I have already bought Wind Waker HD, New Super Mario Bros. U + Luigi U, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Super Mario 3D World. I am waiting for Captain Toad to get a lower price before buying it. I'm pretty sure those games will not be ported to the Switch.

gEXAH3D.jpg

Should I do it?
I'd probably wait to see if Black Friday turns up any interesting deals or bundles before getting a Wii U or New3DS.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
they need to show real gamers: slouched in a computer chair with their console hooked up to a monitor
I really appreciate how Nintendo atleast thinks of the offline social aspects of their products. They have a family in mind, or a group of friends. It's honestly quite unique at this point. But it might not resonate with everyone.
And they did it in a really smart way from all we've seen with the Switch.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I will see you on the ball court, sir. We will settle our disputes on the digital courts.

Is this an esports challenge? Are you going to strategize in some alcove behind a stairwell without so much as a chair before playing for a packed 20,000 person arena?

robotrock

Banned
The Switch is definitely going to be at a lunch table in every high school cafeteria with 4 kids hovering around it and a total of eight detachable Gamecube controller parts.

smash bros

repeater

My favorite part of the Switch reveal was the absence of New Super Mario Bros. I'm going to assume Mario Maker has devoured that particular subseries.
You know, I was always on Brad's side when it comes to the GOTY argument about Mario Maker. But if you are right about this, I happily welcome MM into my heart as our true saviour.

WAH WAH

The Switch is a home console you can carry around with you in America.

It's a handheld you can plug into your TV in Japan.

It's like how Resident Evil 7: Biohazard is called Biohazard 7: Resident Evil in Japan.

Lunar FC

Just saw the Switch, don't know any specs yet. The portable part looks rad af, but the sliding off of controllers and placing them into a monstrosity looks baaaad. Also kind of looks like an OUYA, day uno.

Almost wish I could just have the handheld portion. That thing is so sexy. I wanna play a Pokemon and Yo-Kai Watch on it NOW.

Just having to buy 1 nintendo thing is really nice. I can get my Pokemans and my Marios and my Zeldas all in one place.

Also some people think that since Skyrim remastered will be on it that means its as powerful as a Xbox One / PS4. Thats cute.

But even a slightly more powerful Xbox 360 / Wii U that is truly portable is really dope. Nintendo games + replacing Vita as the portable indie thing would be a nice spot.

LiK

The best thing about the Switch is the portable games won't look like shit anymore since Nintendo has a major hold on some 3rd-party franchises like Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney.

Jintor

People might do it though, and that's what ninty wants to market

I am cautiously optimistic. Pretty slick marketing.

Also there's the slight possibility they'll start ducking designing their games so that we can get splatoon esprts

Rainmaker

Banned
Holy shit. Jeff did a voice in the new Hoot Gibson for Howl FM. Crazy when worlds collide like that. Weird Al And Andy Daly are the shit.

oti

Banned
In my effort to work through my remaining Wii U library I started Tokyo Mirage today. 1h in and all I got was one fight so far. Looked it up on HLTB and it takes around 50h to beat. That's a lot, considering Pokémon and FF XV are right around the corner. I'm not someone who plays a new 50h RPG every month. I'm more like on RPG per year is ok. Or maybe two.

Other than that I want to finish Wind Waker (not a fan tbh), want to play Twilight Princess HD and some more Mario Kart/Smash/3D World. Mario Maker will be on 3DS so I'm good on that front.

I'm probably more excited for the GB launch day livestream for the Switch than I am for the console itself.

Those streams are like a rich friend getting the newest consoles. All the fun without the financial commitment! I love those streams so much.

The best thing about the Switch is the portable games won't look like shit anymore since Nintendo has a major hold on some 3rd-party franchises like Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney.

Even if they stick with PS2 assets, at least they're no longer running at the crazy low 3DS/PSP resolutions.

People might do it though, and that's what ninty wants to market

I am cautiously optimistic. Pretty slick marketing.

Also there's the slight possibility they'll start ducking designing their games so that we can get splatoon esprts

Ever since I started trying remote play with PS4 and Vita, I hoped someone would do what Nintendo did with Switch. What I had in mind was not as powerful as Switch is (I didn't think it would be possible just yet). If the rumored specs are real, it's more powerful than a PS3/360 (and Wii U?). No, it's not as powerful as PS4/XB1, but with Switch doing what its doing, its not that big of a deal to me. I haven't bought a Nintendo console since GameCube. Maybe Switch will be the next one for me (especially since it's like getting two consoles in one).

Top Bottom