• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

oti

Banned
Since the internet is down they should play a board game on UPF and I'm not talking boring game like what they always play but good board game like Settlers of Catan.

I don't know why I didn't realize this when Switch was announced, but were are just mere months away from the beginning of the 9th video game generation. Though with PS4 Pro and XB1 Scorpio being newly released/to be released when Switch releases, it seems likely that Switch will be the only true 9th gen console for quite some time, as I don't expect an actual new PlayStation or XBOX until 2019 at the earliest.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I don't know why I didn't realize this when Switch was announced, but were are just mere months away from the beginning of the 9th video game generation. Though with PS4 Pro and XB1 Scorpio being newly released/to be released when Switch releases, it seems likely that Switch will be the only true 9th gen console for quite some time, as I don't expect an actual new PlayStation or XBOX until 2019 at the earliest.

Numbered generations already don't mean anything, but they double don't mean anything if we pretend that Switch is a next-gen console as opposed to the truth of Nintendo finally releasing one for the current generation.

Numbered generations already don't mean anything, but they double don't mean anything if we pretend that Switch is a next-gen console as opposed to the truth of Nintendo finally releasing one for the current generation.

What if we considered Wii and Wii U the generation with two Nintendo consoles?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
What if we considered Wii and Wii U the generation with two Nintendo consoles?

I just think of the Wii like it's own crazy thing. It existed outside of the 360/PS3 generation and just didn't bother being in the same space as them. Wii U was Nintendo coming back into the video game market after reaching a wider audience with the Wii.

So Beastcast was the first real non-Hardcore History podcast I listened to. I'm now comparing every other podcast to Beastcast. I'm finding some of them just don't measure up as much in terms of chemistry and stuff. There's also things like the fact that some of them just don't have as good set ups. So the sound quality is comparably poor and it sounds like they're in a cheap office. I just keep comparing them to Beastcast or Hardcore History and I feel utterly spoiled.

How about a Kinect UPF...cmon cmon.

2662566-kinect.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
How many Kinect games came out for the Xbox One? Harmonix had to have released something, and there was Fru...I guess Xbox Fitness counted, but it's as though that never existed now. Was there ever anything more?

oti

Banned
How about a Kinect UPF...cmon cmon.

YES

they dont make kinect games anymore

thank god

How many Kinect games came out for the Xbox One? Harmonix had to have released something, and there was Fru...I guess Xbox Fitness counted, but it's as though that never existed now. Was there ever anything more?

There was another fitness game by Ubisoft, Shape Up.

I just want old ass Kinect games. Get the Xbox 360 in there.

I was listening to an old Bombcast a while back and they were talking about their hopes and expectations for "good" Kinect integration for games going forward. With all the benefit of hindsight I kept thinking "No, you fools! Not only will you not get any of that, you don't want it!"

Maiorum

So Beastcast was the first real non-Hardcore History podcast I listened to. I'm now comparing every other podcast to Beastcast. I'm finding some of them just don't measure up as much in terms of chemistry and stuff. There's also things like the fact that some of them just don't have as good set ups. So the sound quality is comparably poor and it sounds like they're in a cheap office. I just keep comparing them to Beastcast or Hardcore History and I feel utterly spoiled.

Have you listened to the bombcast?

FStop7

Banned
The only thing I don't like about the name Switch is that we're going to get a whole new slew of games with "clever" uses of the word in their titles.

FStop7

Banned
They should make Dan build Jeff's PC. But he has to take a drink and do a dance every time he refers to any sort of instructions.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Is Dan going to be building his own PC? I hope we get closeups of everything he does. Chat was so understanding and not at all overreacting while Alex was putting one together on stream.

Reynx

Anyone else having a ton of problems with their stream? It's basically unwatchable for me and pausing for 5 seconds every 1-2seconds

Top Bottom